1520 Canadian Release?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If we take the Lumia 1020 as a measure, expect the Lumia 1520 to be officially in Canada in January 2014 (2 months after the AT&T release)

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If we take the Lumia 1020 as a measure, expect the Lumia 1520 to be officially in Canada in January 2014 (2 months after the AT&T release)

That would be a disaster. 2 months late and then releasing it in Black only lol. Wonder why we got spoiled with the 920 release..

Anyway, Rogers has been subtly hinting on their Facebook page. All we can do is bombard that page with comments. They basically said to "Stay tuned.." for more info. So it didn't sound like a definite "NO". But releasing it in January is still a dumb idea when they can capitalize with Xmas sales. If I have to wait till January I might just shop around for an unlocked one.

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that the 929 has been leaked, do you guys think that the Canadian telecom companies are waiting for a variant of that instead of the 1520?

Indivestor

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Teaser statements on Facebook strongly suggest that Rogers will be carrying the Lumia 1520. To be announced sooner than later apparently. Looking forward to this AWESOME smartphone!

nv00021

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% on the Bell statement.... we need a solid Windows Phone offering like the 1520. I can't wait I love my unlocked 920...rock solid. I wish Bell would wake up on this!!!!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably regret this but I didn't feel like waiting for Rogers to make up their mind and splurged on the unlocked international 32gb model online. I paid quite a bit for it and it supposedly ships around the 23rd. The bands look to be compatible with Rogers but didn't look Wind compatible. But I could be wrong. I also didn't see confirmation of built in wireless charging. Would be a surprise bonus if it came with it. So now if Rogers does actually announce it in a couple days and releases a quad band, 32gb, with wireless charging for $699 I'll be hitting myself lol. Guess I could always try to unload it on Kijiji if I wanted to..

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid they won't. Their executives are too narrow minded and think tried and true phones are the way to go. They are always the last telecom to do anything, they are more followers than Rogers or Telus, which sucks because Bell probably has the best coverage.

memo926

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
i have the solution for that......go to fido ....buy a plan after that go to yorkdale at microsof store end buy any phone put de sim card thats oll.
:smile:

nv00021

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably regret this but I didn't feel like waiting for Rogers to make up their mind and splurged on the unlocked international 32gb model online. I paid quite a bit for it and it supposedly ships around the 23rd. The bands look to be compatible with Rogers but didn't look Wind compatible. But I could be wrong. I also didn't see confirmation of built in wireless charging. Would be a surprise bonus if it came with it. So now if Rogers does actually announce it in a couple days and releases a quad band, 32gb, with wireless charging for $699 I'll be hitting myself lol. Guess I could always try to unload it on Kijiji if I wanted to..

do you mind sharing where you ordered your 1520 from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)