1520 Canadian Release?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It may be sim free but it looks like the US variant by the specs. No Qi and no AWS HSPA. If you haven't got it already you might be waiting for a while. AT&T has no date announced for that variant. Only the 16GB is about to be released . Woah just noticed no 1700 band 4 LTE either. Wrong model for Canada.

Well to my understanding the 32gb international model comes with built im wireless charging (from what I've heard anyway). Yes it is missing the 1700mhz Lte band for AWS but it has the 2600mhz band which Rogers rolled out last year. I live as downtown as I possibly can so there's no reason why I shouldn't catch that 2600mhz band 95% of the time. The estimated shipping date by the way was also recently updated. It originally said November 23-25. Now it only says November 25.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Microsoft store sold unlocked models of all Nokia phones. It would save us so much trouble lol.
The AT&T unlocked version of the 1520 will not work on T-Mobile LTE. It only has LTE 2,5, and 17
Wait and find the RM-938 variant, Qi charging, 32GB.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well to my understanding the 32gb international model comes with built im wireless charging (from what I've heard anyway). Yes it is missing the 1700mhz Lte band for AWS but it has the 2600mhz band which Rogers rolled out last year. I live as downtown as I possibly can so there's no reason why I shouldn't catch that 2600mhz band 95% of the time. The estimated shipping date by the way was also recently updated. It originally said November 23-25. Now it only says November 25.

It has an LTE 2600 band but which one. There are 2 different versions. Rogers uses the advanced 2600. I don't know which one this is.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know there was more than one. To my knowledge it should work. Worst case is I send it back.
It's worse than that. LTE is crazy. There are 2 bands to every frequency. Assigned to the upper and lower range. Then there is more than one way for them to implement it. The normal way like under band 4 which had a maximum speed of around 50mbits or advanced like they are using in the 2600 range with speeds up to 100mbits.

rbharatram

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a 3rd party customer satisfaction survey rep, acting on behalf of Rogers and I was told by him that the 1520 would be released by end of this month or in the beginning of the next. :cool:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a 3rd party customer satisfaction survey rep, acting on behalf of Rogers and I was told by him that the 1520 would be released by end of this month or in the beginning of the next. :cool:

I would love to believe that. But I think I'll have to see it to believe it. If that's true I'll cancel my pre-order for the international model in a heartbeat.

memo926

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You can use with Rogers...fido .....my firs phone htc titan windows I buy at expansys at USA unlooked and I use here in Canada

Otto Gunter

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am in USA at the moment, and would love to pick up the 1520 before I return to Canada. Is there any US model that would work on Telus because, you know, they are not exactly leading when it comes to WP8.
Thanx.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am in USA at the moment, and would love to pick up the 1520 before I return to Canada. Is there any US model that would work on Telus because, you know, they are not exactly leading when it comes to WP8.
Thanx.

Unlocking the ATT model should work on Telus. Or you could buy the international unlocked model as well once it's available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte