If at&t's 1520 doesnt have qi...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I sent this to elop.

I've been a Nokia customer since the lumia 900, then got the 920. So farm it's amazing. You're 1520 is a great device, but it doesn't suit many people. I feel that you guys think that bigger is better, and lower end devices should be smaller (except for the 1320). Not everyone wants a six inch phone. I'm on AT&T, and would really want a 920/925/1020 successor with these new processors, 1080p, etc. 5 inches is the largest I would go. I mean that wasn't the only reason the 1520 bothered me, it was that the AT&T version has PMA (not even built in) vs Qi, and only 16GB. Very disappointing. Please make devices for everyone, that are still high end. A 1520 with a 5 inch screen (still 1080p and quad core s800, etc) would be great. Please make this happen.

Thanks.

Sent from a Nokia/Microsoft ******.

Got this reply.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Stephen

Sigh.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Elop gives zero f's!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No one at Nokia gives a f right now as they are getting ready to go to Microsoft. this is an orphaned product line until Microsoft picks it up.... then good luck getting a response out of MS.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
No one at Nokia gives a f right now as they are getting ready to go to Microsoft. this is an orphaned product line until Microsoft picks it up.... then good luck getting a response out of MS.

I can only hope that Microsoft will turn a new page but if they haven't by now on pr side, hope is all I have haha.

derekpthomas

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
On 11/11/13, I received a follow up email from Don Mooers of AT&T. Here below is the good news about the 32gb vs 16gb memory, if not about the built-in qi charging.
-Derek

"Dear Mr. Thomas,
We traded email a few weeks ago and you shared your concerns about the Lumia 1520. I know we haven?t addressed all of your issues but I am pleased to report, on the topic of device memory, we have a solution that I sincerely hope will meet your needs. We will offer a 32GB version of the 1520 in the near future ? please stay tuned for pricing and availability. We are also offering 50GB of free storage on AT&T Locker.

Our community forum manager has posted some additional information here.

Thank you for allowing us to provide your wireless service.

Kind regards,
Don Mooers
AT&T"

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
On 11/11/13, I received a follow up email from Don Mooers of AT&T. Here below is the good news about the 32gb vs 16gb memory, if not about the built-in qi charging.
-Derek

Back in October when I initially responded to Mooer's email and posted his response. I emailed Mooers and the CEO Ralph dela Vega: "The initial sales of the Nokia 1020 was low due to the high price ($299)....BTW why only 16gb when global is 32gb?? The price better be very low to justify this....There is still time to make things right. Please release the 1520 with Qi built in even if it means having a lower cost 16gb w/o Qi and a higher cost 32gb w/Qi both selling"
It looks like they addressed this (and that may be why the release was delayed from the 15th to 22nd) with a lower cost. The initial price was $299 at announcement and then $199 and now it's $99 on preorder. They also announced a 32gb version coming soon. I hope they will release it with Qi like I asked but I am doubtful on that one.

YesYesYap

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm so with you guys on this... Is there a way to get people to boycott att for two months.
Maybe if the word is spread through social media, not to buy any att service
For two months. This might get their attention, imagine how that would affect their bottom line.
And I think that's how you speak to ****ty companies like this. Consumers should have a voice and not just
Be dictated to...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett