Some possible good news.

Bob Box

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
it should be even cheaper than that given that they removed Qi, cut storage in half, and now I'm also seeing rumors that it will have a different processor and come filled to the brim with ATT bloat

this was going to be my first windows phone, I was going to jump ship from Android

But unless I figure out a way to install a custom clean OS like with Android then I don't think I'll be making the switch

I agree. I find it laughable that Nokia 1520 is shipping their top of the line flagship phone with the same amount of flash as a circa 2009 phones came with. All to save $4 worth of flash? I could understand if the AT&T 1520 were offered for $99, but at $199, it's just not worth dealing with the hassle of only having 16GB of main storage. Most people will have these phones for 2-3 years. Samsung wisely increased the standard flash on the Note 3 to 32GB. The HTC One only comes in 32GB and 64GB. The LG G2 is 32GB standard. Shipping a non-premium amount of flash on a premium, flagship, phone... is just plain stupid. Nokia makes some great phones, but the entire management side of the company needs to fired, starting with Elop.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I find it laughable that Nokia 1520 is shipping their top of the line flagship phone with the same amount of flash as a circa 2009 phones came with. All to save $4 worth of flash? I could understand if the AT&T 1520 were offered for $99, but at $199, it's just not worth dealing with the hassle of only having 16GB of main storage. Most people will have these phones for 2-3 years. Samsung wisely increased the standard flash on the Note 3 to 32GB. The HTC One only comes in 32GB and 64GB. The LG G2 is 32GB standard. Shipping a non-premium amount of flash on a premium, flagship, phone... is just plain stupid. Nokia makes some great phones, but the entire management side of the company needs to fired, starting with Elop.

Absolutely agree. Elop must be fired. He just ruined the company.

Fired from my Lumia 820

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
can you save the offline maps to the sd card? I'm a bit worried about buying the 16gb 1520 with this whole "other" issue

certainly, you can save your maps to sd card, by downloading Lumia storage check beta application, and from that app you can choose to download your maps on sd card, but you will have to download fresh maps, you cannot move already downloaded maps...
I m using l520 with gdr3 the same way

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
And if any one can help me with how to hide my skydrive or Facebook folder from showing under albums option in photos...?

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs