Can we merge all the AT&T complaining into one thread?

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I hate to be this guy, but I come to this board to read about the phone, not personal problems with AT&T (and Nokia's) business practices. Can we just have one megathread for that? Most of the threads on here are complaining about AT&T. Mods?

Please delete this after making a decision if you would please.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think if they were going to do that they already would have. I think it's nice to see so many passionate windows phone users on here. You are right though there are a lot of redunant threads.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Along with this one?

This is the only thread complaining about other threads.

vs

a ton of other threads complaining about AT&T

pretty big difference. But either way, that's why I asked them to delete it after they read it.

We lump other topics into sticky threads to remove clutter...why not the same with that topic?

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I should clarify. I don't care that people are complaining. that's not the issue. Hell, I'm complaining about people complaining.
The issue is it's all basically the same topic. Most of the threads on the page involved something along the lines of "really AT&T???". Just thought it would be better for the forum.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
title should be, "lets all complain cohesively"

^^This.
Yours is a complaint about complainers that complain about AT&T. 6 and one half dozen of the other. I agree there are a lot of opinions about AT&T that spill off the AT&T Facebook page and wash up into WPCentral. You should see Sprint's facebook in contrast. Anyway, I'm not sure its helpful to try to determine who gets to begin topics to voice that opinion. I typically ignore them and let em sink below the fold.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
^^This.
Yours is a complaint about complainers that complain about AT&T. 6 and one half dozen of the other. I agree there are a lot of opinions about AT&T that spill off the AT&T Facebook page and wash up into WPCentral. You should see Sprint's facebook in contrast. Anyway, I'm not sure its helpful to try to determine who gets to begin topics to voice that opinion. I typically ignore them and let em sink below the fold.

It's not about merely complaining. It's about the volume regarding one topic, in my opinion. Again, I don't care that there are threads complaining... i care that they're all about the same topic. If someone wants to consider mine along the same topic, GREAT, throw it in a megathread too.

Like you mentioned, ignoring them might be the best idea. I was honestly just trying to suggest something that I thought would actually HELP this board.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not about merely complaining. It's about the volume regarding one topic, in my opinion. Again, I don't care that there are threads complaining... i care that they're all about the same topic. If someone wants to consider mine along the same topic, GREAT, throw it in a megathread too.

Like you mentioned, ignoring them might be the best idea. I was honestly just trying to suggest something that I thought would actually HELP this board.

Noted. Do this, let a mod know what's on your mind by reporting the thread. Put in an explanation and leave it to them to manage.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for the 1520 to be my first WP, but this reminds me of what went on over at CB when Blackberry announced the specs for their Z30. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth, some of it from me in all candor. Now as the Z30 is starting to roll out, their is a new round of complaints, this time from the aggrieved ATT customers, this time because ATT is apparently passing on the device. I am guilty of complaining about the Z30 specs, and then complaining because my carrier won't make this under-spec'd wonder available!

I would prefer that ATT's 1520 had optimal specs, but I want it now at any rate. I can go into high dudgeon over the absence of specs as well as the next guy, never mind the gradations may be beyond human capabilities to discern. I still want the mostest, fastest now. But mostly I want a 1520 asap. Maybe I've been beat-down over the years by the way the carriers and manufacturers seemed to conspire to give with one hand while taking away with the other, so that the customers can never quite get everything they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos