So I have a 1520... AMA.

timgabrhel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm if the home screen supports landscape?

Pretty sure I've never seen this before, but it's an interesting though. With the new flip case, it would be awesome for glance screen to show in landscape, especially when combined with the new flip case as a nightstand clock.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the thread, I keep my opinion that I think this phone is ridiculous and offers nothing other than a too big form factor. That said from a Note 3 user ( temporary until WP8 comes out with something compelling, I've had htc hd7, focus, lumia 900, 920 and 1020 ). This is my first Android device and I don't hate it, as a matter of fact, I kinda like it and it makes me sad.

Isham Mohamed

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Me.from(Globe.Asia.SriLanka);
for review in website from Uri absoluteUri = new Uri("http://www.digit.lk/")
{
boolean x = Me.handlingItForAday.isPossible();
if (x==true)
Me.contact(MailService.sendEmail("isham4you@gmail.com"));
}

Lenin17301

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello, on regards to upscaling, how does the new large screen and resolution handles apps like games (Spider-Man, Emigens Plus, Angry Birds, etc)? or non-games apps like 6tag, do they work kind of like the boxed mode on the iPad or do they go full-screen?

Mike Gibson

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes and Yes. I'm trying to see if I get used to it but I think most (if their on Verizon) will like the 929. This 6 inch phone is massive. I wouldn't suggest one hand unless your using the one hand holding the phone up to your ear.
Your experience with this 6" phone is similar to mine when I tried a Samsung Mega 6" phone. They're simply too big. Apparently, there's a usability cliff at around 5.5". When a phone is larger than 5.5 inches it becomes unwieldy and awkward. It just doesn't feel right. I can use my daughter's Galaxy Note 2, a 5.5" screen, with no problem.

I wish Nokia standardize on 4.5, 5.0, and 5.5" screens.

DDReaper

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Can You uploade some screenshots of Microsoft applications to see if they are redesigned to fit the screen size. For example the mail app, Xbox music, internet explorer, here maps..

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you go to UCLA!?!? I see your folder in the background, lol. I just graduated in December. I wish I was still there and we could've met up! Gahhhh

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can you post some screenshots of IE, Office, OneNote? Are those apps actually different, or are they all just upscaled to a huge screen?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Your experience with this 6" phone is similar to mine when I tried a Samsung Mega 6" phone. They're simply too big. Apparently, there's a usability cliff at around 5.5". When a phone is larger than 5.5 inches it becomes unwieldy and awkward. It just doesn't feel right. I can use my daughter's Galaxy Note 2, a 5.5" screen, with no problem.

I wish Nokia standardize on 4.5, 5.0, and 5.5" screens.

There's a market for 6" phones, and if you haven't noticed yet, Nokia comes out with a new phone almost every other month, so this may not be the phone for everyone, but there will be people who will go out to get it because of the massive screen. I'm waiting to find out if there's an international version of the 929 personally (5"? Same specs? I'm sold).

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There's a market for 6" phones, and if you haven't noticed yet, Nokia comes out with a new phone almost every other month, so this may not be the phone for everyone, but there will be people who will go out to get it because of the massive screen. I'm waiting to find out if there's an international version of the 929 personally (5"? Same specs? I'm sold).

You're right, there is a market for 6 inch phones. But it's been exactly 12 months since the Nokia unveiled the 920. It would be nice to have a successor to that released at this point, and then release this 6 inch behemoth in a few months.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've also wanted the 1520 prior to getting wind of the 929. I was able to try the Note 3 the other day, and I have to day that the stylus was a great addition, and would even go as far as saying that it makes a compelling case for getting a phablet. With the 1520 lacking stylus support, it all boils down to specs for me. So yeah, if the 929 does have an international variant, I'd want that over the 1520 too.

Q to the OP> does it heat up at all? Can you try putting it through its paces and see if it has a tendency to heat up like other Lumias?

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if this is a dumb question or if you have done repairs to a Windows Phone yourself, (specifically Lumia 920) but i noticed when i repaired my wireless charging coil, i was able to find a replacement and install it myself easily. Since the US 1520 is lacking Qi capabilities...do you think it would be safe to assume that we could order a "repair" part in the future and add it into the phone ourselves? A Sort of loophole maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786