So I have a 1520... AMA.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sunspider score is in the same range (600-900) as all the other snapdragon 800 phones. Just means its working as expected. Don't read too much into a javascript benchmark that can be easily rigged.

Nice doggy.

Can you up a 20MP shot? The back of a bottle with text would be nice.

621!? That's a terrible score! The surface 2 with tegra 4 gets 371ms. Android devices score around 550-600. IE is much much faster than chrome in JavaScript. Windows phone always beats equivalent android devices. There is definitely something going on with this phone or GDR3 has not been optimized for snapdragon 800. Color me extremely dissapointed. Apparently the phone doesn't feel faster either. Hopefully some big changes come in 8.1. Cuz this is bad news

javiernr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi: How good is the color accuracy? How long the battery lasted for today? (since you have been using it all day) . Thanks and enjoy it!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This question was asked and the answer is probably no, but wondering if a tile can span the entire width of the screen.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Curious. Not sure if this was mentioned, but do apps need to be refitted, like how 720p devices needed to be refitted? Is there a black bar in some apps? Download weather flow, wpcentral, or whatever, and see if it has a black bar. Thanks.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
621!? That's a terrible score! The surface 2 with tegra 4 gets 371ms. Android devices score around 550-600. IE is much much faster than chrome in JavaScript. Windows phone always beats equivalent android devices. There is definitely something going on with this phone or GDR3 has not been optimized for snapdragon 800. Color me extremely dissapointed. Apparently the phone doesn't feel faster either. Hopefully some big changes come in 8.1. Cuz this is bad news

Surface 2 has Windows 8.1 which has IE11 right? Isn't Windows Phone IE Mobile still based on IE10? Maybe that's why.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 review: Jugger-note - GSMArena.com

Look at sunspider chart on this page. Z1 is 845ms. Z Ultra is 750ms. G2 is whopping 908. Note 3 is a little under 600. All use snapdragon 800. The 1520 is in proper range. Nothing wrong with it. Furthermore, each successive update will improve the score, like it has for the LG G2. Because its about software optimization. The hardware itself is identical. Comparing a phone to a tablet is also silly. Tablets do not have the same thermal constraints and battery limitations. If Nokia wanted to rig it some more, they could probably achieve a closer score to the Tegra 4. And like others have said, the IE version may be different as well.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 review: Jugger-note - GSMArena.com

Look at sunspider chart on this page. Z1 is 845ms. Z Ultra is 750ms. G2 is whopping 908. Note 3 is a little under 600. All use snapdragon 800. The 1520 is in proper range. Nothing wrong with it. Furthermore, each successive update will improve the score, like it has for the LG G2. Because its about software optimization. The hardware itself is identical. Comparing a phone to a tablet is also silly. Tablets do not have the same thermal constraints and battery limitations. If Nokia wanted to rig it some more, they could probably achieve a closer score to the Tegra 4. And like others have said, the IE version may be different as well.

It's just Apple made a great dual core chip. Sigh.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi: How good is the color accuracy? How long the battery lasted for today? (since you have been using it all day) . Thanks and enjoy it!

battery lasted all day. From 8am to right now using wifi and texting and surfing the web I have 41% left. Color accuracy depends on your flavor. I prefer my 1020.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Curious. Not sure if this was mentioned, but do apps need to be refitted, like how 720p devices needed to be refitted? Is there a black bar in some apps? Download weather flow, wpcentral, or whatever, and see if it has a black bar. Thanks.

No black bar. It seems that the apps are stretched to fit. Example, the apps are like zoomed in which is good but you can tell it's not as precise or clean cut as for a smaller device. I think once the phone is actually released the pictures and apps would look a little cleaner but to me it looks dry.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
This question was asked and the answer is probably no, but wondering if a tile can span the entire width of the screen.

As you can see no it doesn't. One wide tile still allows you to add one medium tile next to it or 4 smaller tiles to its sides.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131028_0003.png
    wp_ss_20131028_0003.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 10

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear about the battery life. Are you using Whatsapp, WeChat, Skype, etc because those apps usually suck the battery.

battery lasted all day. From 8am to right now using wifi and texting and surfing the web I have 41% left. Color accuracy depends on your flavor. I prefer my 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos