So I have a 1520... AMA.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 review: Jugger-note - GSMArena.com

Look at sunspider chart on this page. Z1 is 845ms. Z Ultra is 750ms. G2 is whopping 908. Note 3 is a little under 600. All use snapdragon 800. The 1520 is in proper range. Nothing wrong with it. Furthermore, each successive update will improve the score, like it has for the LG G2. Because its about software optimization. The hardware itself is identical. Comparing a phone to a tablet is also silly. Tablets do not have the same thermal constraints and battery limitations. If Nokia wanted to rig it some more, they could probably achieve a closer score to the Tegra 4. And like others have said, the IE version may be different as well.

I don't think you understand how good the IE engine is haha. Let me give you some reference numbers. Lumia 920 with S4 dual core gets 899ms on IE10. HTC One X with S4 dual core gets 1700ms. I own a Nexus 4 which has S4 Pro quad core which gets 1300ms. Still way slower than the Lumia 920. So snapdragon 800 is improving the time on android by more than half. Further, the Surface RT with Tegra 3 also got 900ms. (With 8.1 and IE11 the score does not change). With Tegra 4 the Surface 2 gets 371ms. And considering how Tegra 4 and Snapdragon 800 are basically equal. That is also more than 2x improvement. The Lumia 1520 at 621 is getting an improvement of less than 30%. IE 10 vs IE11 does not make a difference.

Unfortunately there is no 3dMark or other benchmarks, so this is the main one I use, and for the most part the raw power improvement translates linearly with the sunspider score. And as it stands 621ms is really bad for this caliber device.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried sunspider on my pc, and I got a higher score with ie 11 than with chrome, about 50 milliseconds.

You mean 50ms lower lol. Yea, on my PC, I get 200ms with Chrome and 140ms with IE. But this is an ivy bridge, which is in a different league than mobile processors. But getting closer!

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't there be an option to make the screen super saturated like AMOLED in the settings? That's a touted Lumia feature in the Amber update. Display calibration. LCDs can achieve the same heavy color clipping as AMOLED (HTC One, Xperia Z1, LG G2), but its harder for AMOLED to appear more natural without looking dingy. Movie mode on my Note 2 for example, which has full RGB AMOLED, looks very dingy even though its closest to sRGB.

Can you change the color themes to anything else besides white on black / black on white? I ask this on every Windows Phone release. If I could customize the colors, I would like it a lot more.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, no. It fits in my pocket though so it passed that test. But once i get a full day with it, I will see if its a keeper. I already made a phone call with the phone and it was awkward to say the least.

How good is the build quality? Is it as tough like Lumia 920?
How does it feel? Does it feel like a premiumed quliaty material used? Or does it feels like a cheap plastic of Galaxy Mega 6.3?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't there be an option to make the screen super saturated like AMOLED in the settings? That's a touted Lumia feature in the Amber update. Display calibration. LCDs can achieve the same heavy color clipping as AMOLED (HTC One, Xperia Z1, LG G2), but its harder for AMOLED to appear more natural without looking dingy. Movie mode on my Note 2 for example, which has full RGB AMOLED, looks very dingy even though its closest to sRGB.

Can you change the color themes to anything else besides white on black / black on white? I ask this on every Windows Phone release. If I could customize the colors, I would like it a lot more.

It's just GDR3. There's no difference between it and what we have on our developer preview version of GDR3. Except for Lumia Black. Doesn't do much aside from glance. So no, there probably won't be backgrounds until mid next year with 8.1

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Curious. Not sure if this was mentioned, but do apps need to be refitted, like how 720p devices needed to be refitted? Is there a black bar in some apps? Download weather flow, wpcentral, or whatever, and see if it has a black bar. Thanks.

If an app has a black bar on a 720p phone it will also have a black bar on a 1080p phone. 1080p screen devices tell the OS that they have a 720p screen so that apps just work and fixing the black bar is incredibly easy for a developer to do! (I am a developer)

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hoes Nokia finally enabled 3rd party headsets in a way that the mic actually works?
Do you have a "made for iphone" or any other non-Nokia specific headset that you could try?

Thanks! Vince

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)