So I have a 1520... AMA.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the dark room pics it seems like the xenon flash on the 1020 is better than the dual-LED's (my main gripe about the 929, I have a 928 currently).

Add some AT&T crippling and hmmmmm.

Don't get in trouble!

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where you got your hands on one, but I just want to say thank you for doing an AMA and answering every possible question patiently.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can I put my name in for the running too? I just shattered my 920's screen and am dying for a new phone but contract doesn't end till 2014 :(

clv lnd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
First post. Read through all of this thread, thanks a lot for providing all the information. Very cool thing to do.

Contemplating getting my first Lumia and I like the idea of this phone but I'm hesitant about the 6" size (5.5 seems like it would be more practical). Honestly though, the pic you posted of it up to your head makes it look a lot more reasonable then I envisioned. I will wait until I get my hands on it in a store to decide. I'd also like to hear more about this 929 and if AT&T will get it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
First post. Read through all of this thread, thanks a lot for providing all the information. Very cool thing to do.

Contemplating getting my first Lumia and I like the idea of this phone but I'm hesitant about the 6" size (5.5 seems like it would be more practical). Honestly though, the pic you posted of it up to your head makes it look a lot more reasonable then I envisioned. I will wait until I get my hands on it in a store to decide. I'd also like to hear more about this 929 and if AT&T will get it.

Welcome to wpcentral!

clv lnd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to wpcentral!
Thanks, I've lurked for a while but felt I had to finally sign in to thank the OP for providing info that no other news source has yet been able to. Been feeling a strong urge to get another WP8 device. Used to have an 8x for previous job and enjoyed it. Currently a 4s user but have not been impressed by Apple in years, hardware is always nice but OS is becoming stale. Decisions, decisions.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So when I had first got the phone it was set on Vivid+Warm for the Color Saturation and Color Temperature as you can see in the screenshot. My Lumia 1020 was set automatically on Enhanced+Neutral when I got it. So I've recently changed it to that of my Lumia 1020 to see if it will make any difference and report back.

So if anybody cares or is still reading this thread lol, I changed the settings of the color saturation and the color temperature to the settings of my 1020 and it changed the look of the phone. No longer do the colors look washed out. I'm still playing around to ensure the accuracy in this but in the pictures and in certain games and apps it looks more cleaner.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So if anybody cares or is still reading this thread lol, I changed the settings of the color saturation and the color temperature to the settings of my 1020 and it changed the look of the phone. No longer do the colors look washed out. I'm still playing around to ensure the accuracy in this but in the pictures and in certain games and apps it looks more cleaner.

Thanks so much for taking your time to do this. Really appreciate it! I think I'm going to pass on this as well. Bit too big. But good luck! You didn't respond to my question about going to UCLA though :p

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for taking your time to do this. Really appreciate it! I think I'm going to pass on this as well. Bit too big. But good luck! You didn't respond to my question about going to UCLA though :p

Oh i didnt see it my mistake. If you asked if I attend there, I don't I'm planning on transferring there.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh i didnt see it my mistake. If you asked if I attend there, I don't I'm planning on transferring there.

I saw you had a blue UCLA folder lying on the floor in one of your pics haha. I just graduated from there in December. I was saying if that was still there, I could've met up with you to see the phone. Ahh well. Good luck with the transferring!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb