11-18-2013 11:29 AM
72 123
tools
    Nokia surely prefers quality and well made device. What about their WP app market? Is it any good? Is getting Lumia 1520 for casual gaming a good decision?
    No you are better off with the 920 if you just want casual gaming but its a different thing if you are a hardcore smartphone gamer ;) One of the reasons i preordered the 1520 is so that i can enjoy my games on it, can't wait to get it on November 30th cos thats when its being released here in Germany.
    11-10-2013 03:14 PM
    everyone that had been bragging about split screen, have they even used one before? Put the sluggish response aside, you are actually dividing 70% of the screen into two and makes it worse than a 3" screen for each of the windows...
    11-11-2013 07:02 AM
    mhh you got a point, but if those requirement are your goal i suggest you to take a 8inch windows 8.1 tablet! after all 6 inch are too much a phone and doesn't pretty fit any normal sized jean's pocket, so you have to carry it in another way!
    just because it's too much for you doesn't mean its too much for somebody else. You're entitled to your opinion of course but so is everyone else . As far as too big for jean's pockets I don't know. I never carry my phone in my pants pockets. Its in a silicone case in my shirt pocket or in a horizontal case on my belt. Ii's about a half inch wider than my 920 and a quarter inch or so taller. its not that big a deal. If you don't like phablets that's fine. Many many others like the phablet designs just look at the note, note 2 and note 3 sales figures for Samsung's devices. There's a market and Nokia is jumping in. Future designs will be improved upon by MS.
    11-11-2013 09:03 AM
    I've held the 1520, and it is a huge phone by any standard. Though some folks appreciate the larger screen, I find the phone a major inconvenience to carry considering the limited input capabilities. What boggles my mind is that Nokia and MS continue to release devices with less specs than the competition and expect to be successful, inspite of their limited app selection.

To Nokia/MS,
    You have this huge phone and there are no features that you can promote over the well established competition. You knew this when you made the phone, yet you still didn't feel the need to implement any game changing technology. Considering your limited app selection and underwhelming specs for a behemoth of a phone, why would anyone choose your device over your competitors?
    trandz likes this.
    11-11-2013 10:40 AM
    I've held the 1520, and it is a huge phone by any standard. Though some folks appreciate the larger screen, I find the phone a major inconvenience to carry considering the limited input capabilities. What boggles my mind is that Nokia and MS continue to release devices with less specs than the competition and expect to be successful, inspite of their limited app selection.

To Nokia/MS,
    You have this huge phone and there are no features that you can promote over the well established competition. You knew this when you made the phone, yet you still didn't feel the need to implement any game changing technology. Considering your limited app selection and underwhelming specs for a behemoth of a phone, why would anyone choose your device over your competitors?
    Underwhelming specs? It has basically the same specs as Note 3, G2, Xperia Z1, Z Ultra etc. And has a bigger battery.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-11-2013 10:57 AM

To Nokia/MS,
    Yea...the specs are actually way more than any other phone out there. Best processor on the market, best camera on the market, best screen on the market, biggest battery on the market. It literally is an overspecced device. That being said, wp8 is an underwhelming OS for such a crazy specced device. The OS needs new features to promote. Nokia is already whipping the competition on hardware and specs.
    11-11-2013 02:31 PM
    The point of the 1520 is be in my pocket. I can't wait for it to cross the border. One red one please. That will be cash and don't wrap it.
    akshaypn and ypi like this.
    11-11-2013 02:41 PM
    Yea...the specs are actually way more than any other phone out there. Best processor on the market, best camera on the market, best screen on the market, biggest battery on the market. It literally is an overspecced device. That being said, wp8 is an underwhelming OS for such a crazy specced device. The OS needs new features to promote. Nokia is already whipping the competition on hardware and specs.

There is nothing overwhelming about the specs on this device. They are what any reasonable consumer should expect in a modern phablet device. Having nice hardware and no brains(OS) to run it is Useless(see post processing on Lumia cameras). Also, saying something is the best on the market doesn't make it so. I believe the reviews on release will confirm that.
    11-12-2013 10:51 AM
    There is nothing overwhelming about the specs on this device. They are what any reasonable consumer should expect in a modern phablet device. Having nice hardware and no brains(OS) to run it is Useless(see post processing on Lumia cameras). Also, saying something is the best on the market doesn't make it so. I believe the reviews on release will confirm that.
    I am agreeing with you...the snapdragon 800 is the best processor on the market. And the assertive LCD they used is the best too, no doubt about it. Last year, the 920's 768p screen was the best screen of it's time. But you're right, the camera samples from the 20mp have been slightly underwhelming to me. But my main problem is also with the OS.
    11-12-2013 02:05 PM
    Make money for Nokia?
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    11-16-2013 12:01 AM
    This device exists to be amazing.

I want one.
    Dragone and ypi like this.
    11-16-2013 04:34 AM
    I love my 1520, when 8.1 update comes out early next year .. the snapdragon 800 going to really shine :-)
    11-16-2013 06:24 AM
    I frequently use two apps at a time. I just use the multitasking screen to switch around but it would be nice to snap two at a time.

I'd guess MS would determine this is too complicated a feature for a phone.

I am looking forward to the display on the 1520.
    11-16-2013 11:36 AM
    I can't wait to get my White Lumia 1520 ... :/
    11-16-2013 11:45 AM
    I wish someone sales the RM-938.. I would of gotten the AT&T and unlocked it bur it will be crippled on T-Mobile
    11-16-2013 03:02 PM
    I can't wait to get my White Lumia 1520 ... :/
    I hope it looks good in white. That's what I ordered.
    11-16-2013 03:05 PM
    I am agreeing with you...the snapdragon 800 is the best processor on the market. And the assertive LCD they used is the best too, no doubt about it. Last year, the 920's 768p screen was the best screen of it's time. But you're right, the camera samples from the 20mp have been slightly underwhelming to me. But my main problem is also with the OS.
    Benchmarks show the apple a7 is the best chip on the market, but regardless I still preordered a yellow 1520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-16-2013 03:24 PM
    Benchmarks = Useless
    11-17-2013 12:30 AM
    It is a measurement, but the benchmarks are single threaded so they benefit less cores, rather than the quad cores. I want to see how fast this device will browse the web and open apps compared to current gen windows phone. My nexus 7 benchmarks higher than my 920, but my 920 is much more fun to use, so to a point they are useless.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 01:32 PM
    It is a measurement, but the benchmarks are single threaded so they benefit less cores, rather than the quad cores. I want to see how fast this device will browse the web and open apps compared to current gen windows phone. My nexus 7 benchmarks higher than my 920, but my 920 is much more fun to use, so to a point they are useless.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    true in benchmarks, the one for me that matters are based on web experience, since I browse a lot, so sunspider, HTMLE5test, browsermark, and no other than peacekeeper
    11-17-2013 01:43 PM
    everyone that had been bragging about split screen, have they even used one before? Put the sluggish response aside, you are actually dividing 70% of the screen into two and makes it worse than a 3" screen for each of the windows...
    I used multiwindow all the time when I had a Galaxy Note 2 and it was great. You don't need all 6 inches for an SMS app, or a web browser. I didn't have any speed issues, except for the usual Android lag.
    11-18-2013 09:50 AM
    I wish there was a pen. I use the pen on my surface pro pretty much daily for taking notes.

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    11-18-2013 11:29 AM
72 123