What's the point of this device?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I frequently use two apps at a time. I just use the multitasking screen to switch around but it would be nice to snap two at a time.

I'd guess MS would determine this is too complicated a feature for a phone.

I am looking forward to the display on the 1520.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am agreeing with you...the snapdragon 800 is the best processor on the market. And the assertive LCD they used is the best too, no doubt about it. Last year, the 920's 768p screen was the best screen of it's time. But you're right, the camera samples from the 20mp have been slightly underwhelming to me. But my main problem is also with the OS.

Benchmarks show the apple a7 is the best chip on the market, but regardless I still preordered a yellow 1520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It is a measurement, but the benchmarks are single threaded so they benefit less cores, rather than the quad cores. I want to see how fast this device will browse the web and open apps compared to current gen windows phone. My nexus 7 benchmarks higher than my 920, but my 920 is much more fun to use, so to a point they are useless.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It is a measurement, but the benchmarks are single threaded so they benefit less cores, rather than the quad cores. I want to see how fast this device will browse the web and open apps compared to current gen windows phone. My nexus 7 benchmarks higher than my 920, but my 920 is much more fun to use, so to a point they are useless.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

true in benchmarks, the one for me that matters are based on web experience, since I browse a lot, so sunspider, HTMLE5test, browsermark, and no other than peacekeeper

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
everyone that had been bragging about split screen, have they even used one before? Put the sluggish response aside, you are actually dividing 70% of the screen into two and makes it worse than a 3" screen for each of the windows...

I used multiwindow all the time when I had a Galaxy Note 2 and it was great. You don't need all 6 inches for an SMS app, or a web browser. I didn't have any speed issues, except for the usual Android lag.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a pen. I use the pen on my surface pro pretty much daily for taking notes.

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre