Nokia1520 pre order found

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure you can pay through your Amazon account. Be very sure this is the version you want because it is a global variant. Check the bands carefully with respect to your carrier's bands. Looks like RM-937 on the developer's page.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reliable rumors about when this phone is getting released? I just sold my HTC One partly in anticipation of this phone. If they wait too long i'll have to get another Android. Probably the Note 3

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered a White one. I also messaged them after the fact to confirm that it is in fact the Global Variant (RM-937) and NOT the AT&T variant!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered a White one. I also messaged them after the fact to confirm that it is in fact the Global Variant (RM-937) and NOT the AT&T variant!

Can you confirm that this variant does have AWS? Meaning you can talk and surf at the same time? I could be mistaken, but I thought the global model doesnt have this feature.

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Can you confirm that this variant does have AWS? Meaning you can talk and surf at the same time? I could be mistaken, but I thought the global model doesnt have this feature.

I asked in support chat and they said that based on the specifications it does not have AWS support.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile most likely, I currently use my Lumia 520 on T-Mobile.

It should work like the 520 but you may not get 4G if their local network hasn't been upgraded. Basically you should get what you have with the 520 with a faster 4G if the 520 is getting it now through the 1900 band. The LTE bands will be different than T-Mobile's so it won't be an LTE phone on that network. Personally I am waiting to see if the RM-938 version emerges. For US users that is the model that will get the most value if it becomes available. Negri will stock and sell it if they can so it is just a matter of waiting to see. The AT&T version will be available from the same source unlocked when it comes out. It won't have the same features but if history is any indication it will be more compatible with T-Mobile. I can get LTE service on T-Mobile with my unlocked 820 where I live. The RM-938 should be even more compatible.

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It should work like the 520 but you may not get 4G if their local network hasn't been upgraded. Basically you should get what you have with the 520 with a faster 4G if the 520 is getting it now through the 1900 band. The LTE bands will be different than T-Mobile's so it won't be an LTE phone on that network. Personally I am waiting to see if the RM-938 version emerges. For US users that is the model that will get the most value if it becomes available. Negri will stock and sell it if they can so it is just a matter of waiting to see. The AT&T version will be available from the same source unlocked when it comes out. It won't have the same features but if history is any indication it will be more compatible with T-Mobile. I can get LTE service on T-Mobile with my unlocked 820 where I live. The RM-938 should be even more compatible.

So we have no idea that they are/will manufacture the RM-938?

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Negri now has the AT&T variant which does have 1700 AWS for HSPA+ and LTE. It's currently $670, so might still be better off getting from AT&T for $550 (+ tax) if you can get them to unlock it. Although per AT&T's policy, they supposedly require you to wait 60 days even without contract.

EDIT: Just saw that the version on Negri has 32GB internal storage versus 16GB. Now I'm wondering if it has QI... or if the specs are even correct. :)

Last edited:

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Will an AT&T 1520 from Negri work on T-Mo?

Will the Negri AT&T version work on T-Mobile assuming you can get it unlocked? Looks like all the bands are there in the specs on the negri website. I would imagine it's the same model if you ordered from AT&T or the Microsoft store?

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will an AT&T 1520 from Negri work on T-Mo?

Will the Negri AT&T version work on T-Mobile assuming you can get it unlocked? Looks like all the bands are there in the specs on the negri website. I would imagine it's the same model if you ordered from AT&T or the Microsoft store?

If the specs are accurate, it should work perfectly on T-Mobile HSPA+ and LTE. And its already unlocked on Negri.

I e-mailed then asking for an exact model as I suspect it is slightly different than the the one from AT&T (ie. More memory).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If it's already unlocked at Negri, I'll order asap. Thanks for the info!

If the specs are accurate, it should ,work perfectly on T-Mobile HSPA+ and LTE. And its already unlocked on Negri.

I e-mailed then asking for an exact model as I suspect it is slightly different than the the one from AT&T (ie. More memory).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I actually got to mess around with one today. It is HUGE! Screen looks amazing! If I hadn't gotten my 920 in May, I'd be all over this phone. Fluid, smooth, camera was nice! Thin light...it is going to be impressive! Even the addition of the fourth rows of tiles...works. It didn't look cluttered at all...I admire all of those that get one! It was running Bittersweet Shimmer...looks great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster