Nokia1520 pre order found

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will an AT&T 1520 from Negri work on T-Mo?

I actually got to mess around with one today. It is HUGE! Screen looks amazing! If I hadn't gotten my 920 in May, I'd be all over this phone. Fluid, smooth, camera was nice! Thin light...it is going to be impressive! Even the addition of the fourth rows of tiles...works. It didn't look cluttered at all...I admire all of those that get one! It was running Bittersweet Shimmer...looks great!

Bittersweet Shimmer? Okay, i thought it was called Lumia Black.

Anyway, looks like i'm defiantly getting one now. :)

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Bittersweet Shimmer? Okay, i thought it was called Lumia Black.

Anyway, looks like i'm defiantly getting one now. :)

Bittersweet Shimmer is the codename for Black. I cannot wait to get my hands on this phone!!

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Nokia rep who had the phone and was testing it said it was a very early build of the phone. I was very impressed with it. Very light, very thin, screen looked great...it is something. It is HUGE! This may put WP8 into the next level with this phone. I only got 5 minutes with it but it was pretty sweet. She also said the Nokia tablet was amazing as well. She did not have it with her thought.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I don't believe the Negri AT&T version is unlocked. It isn't advertised as unlocked and Negri is usually quite specific in listings like that. Contrast the international version also listed which is specifically designated as unlocked. If it was unlocked the listing would say so. Of course, the pricing gives credence to the 32GB spec in that case. Higher price for more storage.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I don't believe the Negri AT&T version is unlocked. It isn't advertised as unlocked and Negri is usually quite specific in listings like that. Contrast the international version also listed which is specifically designated as unlocked. If it was unlocked the listing would say so. Of course, the pricing gives credence to the 32GB spec in that case. Higher price for more storage.

I contacted them specifically about that model and they said it's expected to be Unlocked. They usually unlock these phones themselves. It's kind of what they're known for. :)

Although they couldn't provide detailed info whether or not their version would have QI wireless charging. They expect to have more detailed specs closer to release. And considering their preorder prices are "subject to change," it may not be a bad idea to simply wait a bit either way.

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
NegriCare
More Than Just Customer Care
TYPE YOUR RESPONSE ABOVE THIS LINE TO REPLY PLEASE
Ted L. REPLIED: NOV 07, 2013 | 12:28PM PST
Hello,

Thank you for your email. This device is in fact an unlocked device that will work on any GSM network supported worldwide. You would be able to use the device locally and internationally as well. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Negri Electronics. Have a great day.
Please rate my reply.
Ted Lamisere - Your NegriCare Representative
R WROTE: (ORIGINAL MESSAGE) NOV 07, 2013 | 08:07PM PST

From url: Nokia Lumia 1520 (AT&T) (White)
More details: https://www.snapengage.com/viewcase?c=ce13f871-762a-43c6-9aaa-6bee54056e26

Message: Is the AT&T version of the Nokia Lumia 1520 you have on pre-order unlocked?

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

NegriCare
More Than Just Customer Care
TYPE YOUR RESPONSE ABOVE THIS LINE TO REPLY PLEASE
Ted L. REPLIED: NOV 07, 2013 | 12:28PM PST
Hello,

Thank you for your email. This device is in fact an unlocked device that will work on any GSM network supported worldwide. You would be able to use the device locally and internationally as well. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Negri Electronics. Have a great day.
Please rate my reply.
Ted Lamisere - Your NegriCare Representative
R WROTE: (ORIGINAL MESSAGE) NOV 07, 2013 | 08:07PM PST

From url: Nokia Lumia 1520 (AT&T) (White)
More details: https://www.snapengage.com/viewcase?c=ce13f871-762a-43c6-9aaa-6bee54056e26

Message: Is the AT&T version of the Nokia Lumia 1520 you have on pre-order unlocked?

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just refreshed Negri's website and now it specifically says the AT&T variant is LOCKED and memory is 16GB, not 32GB. Even though they just told us otherwise. Another good reason to wait before jumping on these pre-orders where the specs (and price) aren't 100%. Also quite unusual for them to even sell a locked phone.

I suspect they will sell an unlocked in the future, probably after AT&T exclusive rights expire... but for now... I'll wait.

Well, unless something more interesting comes along. :)

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Negrielectronics just raised the price of the unlocked global Lumia 1520 to $837 USD up from $779 USD. I pre-ordered it when it was $779 USD however from reading their pre-order FAQ I've come to the conclusion that I will in fact be paying the higher price for it. Not that I don't have the money, however I do kind of have a personal cap of under $800 USD for something that's a handheld device. Also I plan to use it on T-Mobile and I'm sure the LTE won't work however I'm not sure whether the 4G will even work. I'm currently using an unlocked Lumia 520 I got on Amazon for like $80 and it works with T-Mobile's 4G. Not being able to use it with at least T-Mobile's 4G would be a total deal breaker. I'm always considering Android however the Galaxy Note 3 definitely did not impress nor did the Z1. So I'm trying to determine if an unlocked 1520 with 32 gb and wireless charging is worth $800+ USD or if I should just buy one from AT&T and get it unlocked or wait for 8.1 devices and hopefully they will also impress. I would really appreciate other WP users opinions on what I should do. Thanks and have a great day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro