How much !! ??

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
As with many of us, I am really excited for the Lumia 1520 and can't wait to get my hands on one as soon as it gets released. I have been stalking Bing news like a hawk for any information regarding release date and price.

I'm in the UK and so far I have found out that the release date is going to be around late November / early December, which is okay I guess (sooner would have been great though). I just looked today for any news regarding it, for the price of the 1520 for the UK and found that PC Advisor said that it will retail at ?699, that is $1116 !!

I was expecting it to be between ?500 - ?600, but ?700 is taking the biscuit to be honest, no matter how good it is, I would never pay that for a phone, even if it is a phablet.

However, the site which is showing the 1520 for ?699 looks pretty unofficial and a bit sort of dodgy. If it was on Expansys or Amazon even it would have held more reliability.

I don't know to be honest. Maybe the price of the 1520 the day it is released may be nothing like that, only time will tell. What do you guys think? Would you pay that for the 1520 ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Answer, no.

Most people will go for contract options anyway. I wouldn't trust any pricing until either posted on WPC or from other official sources.

I have no intent to buy any new Nokia until I see WP8.1 first. I may still jump ship depending on what comes out of WP8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea