My body is ready. Lumia 1520 ships 11/15. $199 on contract w/ AT&T

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
if you guys live near N WV, SW Pennsylvania, SE OH, or W VA, I'm planning a meeting where we all meet at a store and form an Apple store line on the 22nd. Come find my other thread if you're interested.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Messed with the phone today it is HUGE! If my phone wasn't only 6 months old...I'd be putting down for this! Screen is amazing, doesn't look cluttered, camera was nice...light, thin, amazing! It was running Bittersweet Shimmer...I am envious of those that get one.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
me: Nokia Lumia 1520 (AT&T) (Red)
Anthony:
Hello, how can I help today?
me: The internal memory for this device says 32GB. Is this a typo graphical error or is this accurate?
Anthony: I was able to reply to your e-mail earlier, the units are 32GB.
Here's a link for the specification listings we receive:
gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1520-...
If you look at the Memory specs it states 32GB.
me: So you take the specs from another site..
Anthony: These are provided to us by our supplier.
me: I never sent an email earlier...
Anthony: You can wait until we get them on hand so we can guarantee if you are uncertain.
me: It seems AT&T is only offering 16GB but you have the 32GB version. This is where I have confusion.
Anthony: Oh, I do apologize. I received the same inquiry from a customer in <redacted>. I assumed it was you.
me: no
thanks
Anthony: Sure, check back with us next monday, we get updates every week.
[...]

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
They didn't seem to be 100% confident in their specs either, when I contacted them. I'm just going to wait until they get them in stock and can verify all the specs, including the 4G/LTE bands.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Why would you guys pay $120 more for 32gb when you can just put in a microSD card for $15

With sales tax here in TX, it would be about $595 from AT&T. Plus they require a plan (and sometimes activation), that I might have to keep for 60 days before they'll allow me to unlock it. Assuming they follow their own policy on the website. You can easily get past the $670 on Negri, and it's already unlocked. Free shipping, no tax.

Keeping in mind this is mostly for folks such as myself, who aren't planning on using it with AT&T. So unlocked is the key here. Added storage is just a bonus in my mind (if the specs are correct).

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Why would you guys pay $120 more for 32gb when you can just put in a microSD card for $15

The difference is, with the 32 GB onboard, you can use that for apps, maps, temporary files. With a microSD you can only use it for music, videos, photos. At least for the moment, if MS changes this in the future, then it will be a non-issue.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The difference is, with the 32 GB onboard, you can use that for apps, maps, temporary files. With a microSD you can only use it for music, videos, photos. At least for the moment, if MS changes this in the future, then it will be a non-issue.

cant you install the maps on the sd card?

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This was a pleasant surprise...

AT&T has redeemed themselves by pricing it @ $199
I'm still ticked at @att. they won't support my wife's 1020 AT ALL. They (store personnel) wouldn't even direct her to the insurance people. Had to call 611 and talk through it. I kinda unloaded on that guy, and then he DEFENDED their poor service and UNWILLINGNESS to support Nokias. "yeah, it's hard to support these phones.. I'm using a 920 now and I like it but I wish there were more apps." how I wish I had had the composure to ask what apps he was missing. I was just able to say "well instagram is coming..."

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm still ticked at @att. they won't support my wife's 1020 AT ALL. They (store personnel) wouldn't even direct her to the insurance people. Had to call 611 and talk through it. I kinda unloaded on that guy, and then he DEFENDED their poor service and UNWILLINGNESS to support Nokias. "yeah, it's hard to support these phones.. I'm using a 920 now and I like it but I wish there were more apps." how I wish I had had the composure to ask what apps he was missing. I was just able to say "well instagram is coming..."

Don't argue with those fools. They literally know nothing. I'm not sure what's wrong with your 1020, but I've had a lot of success with ATT warranty support centers. You have to find them, since they aren't very common, but if there is one nearby, it's worth taking your phone over there

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I promise you the in store reps know more than customer service does.

Either way, the in store reps can't help you with an insurance OR warranty issue. They simply do not have the power to do it. Don't bother with insurance. It's under warranty still. If you think there's a problem with the device, take the device to a device support center, or call the warranty line. You will get another device for free. If they have one in the center, they'll swap it. If not, they'll overnight it.

The store reps are there to sell you service plans and do light trouble shooting. That's it. They do not train them to help with everything. There's simply too much crap to know with new devices coming out constantly. They're paid well to sell you ****. That's it.

Source: Former store employee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise