Can I use a Bluetooth keyboard with the 1520?

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I would really love to use the 1520 as a work/personal note-taking device. I already use OneNote extensively. I saw the 1520 at the AT&T store today and fell in love, but the final thing for me to justify a 6" monster would be the keyboard issue. And no...Taking notes with a stylus sucks.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as we are aware, no. Windows Phone doesn't support bluetooth keyboards but maybe that will change in 8.1 next year :)

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as we are aware, no. Windows Phone doesn't support bluetooth keyboards but maybe that will change in 8.1 next year :)

That sucks... I know my 920 doesn't offer support, but I hoped the 1520 would. Having Office and no keyboard support is kind of silly.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the phone. No doubt the failure to include either handwriting support or bt keyboard support is simply a demonstration of incompetency. Add to that the lack of support for Xbox movies...well, you get the picture.

Regardless, using an Adonit stylus you can take handwritten notes using a different app Papyrus... will see how it works.

Xbox video is coming soon in case you didn't know. Also support for those things are big pieces of a massive update.

Artichoke

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I had hopes that 8.1 would support a Bluetooth keyboard on my 1520
it does not pair, though it correctly identifies the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard
amazing that Microsoft would not have this working

elcid812

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is even something MS plans to do? It seems like using a BT Keyboard with a Windows Phone is a no brainer and would vault the 1520 into a league of it's own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb