Any other Giant Smartphone Alternatives?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was messing around with a 1520 in the store the other day and I also checked out the Samsung Mega. I have to say, everything about the 1520 just felt and looked better. Are there any other good contenders out there in the giant smartphone category?

Having been on a 920 for close to a year I'm getting frustrated by Microsoft's slow progress but am holding hopes for 8.1.

Delusions

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Quite a few actually. The largest is the Sony Xperia Z Ultra followed by(in no particular order) Samsung Galaxy Note series, LG Optimus G Pro, HTC One Maxx and i believe Huawei makes a 6" phone also. The 1520 is the only windows phone of the bunch, the rest run varying android versions.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Quite a few actually. The largest is the Sony Xperia Z Ultra followed by(in no particular order) Samsung Galaxy Note series, LG Optimus G Pro, HTC One Maxx and i believe Huawei makes a 6" phone also. The 1520 is the only windows phone of the bunch, the rest run varying android versions.

Huawei's 6-inch phone is the Huawei Ascend Mate.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Love my Xperia Z Ultra though I would really like to have that 1520 too. The Ultra is a great device but the camera sucks.

Sent from my Sony Xperia? Z Ultra

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Please don't hesitate with the Samsung mega! That phone is pure garbage! Its meant to be a cheap note 3!

After handling the 1520 the Mega and Note both felt a little awkward and just didn't look as crisp. It seems Nokia has managed to make good hardware specs and screen size at the right price point.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Even android fanboys hate the mega! It is a joke, just a way for samsung to try to pull in more money! It doesn't have a stylus, but tries to be the cheaper alt. to the note, which is dumb to me.....and yes I agree, Nokia did a a great job with the 1520 body! The note 3 felt cheap, I returned after a day, couldn't stand the feel, loved the note 2, but the note 3 was just a basic upgrade for those who were going to jump from the original note.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital