I want it......but don't want to look stupid.....

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I soooooooo want the 1520....quad core, full HD experience, loads of memory, 20m camera....hell, what's not to like. But damn its big, my mates were like"dude....no!! You can't walk around with that, you'll look like a nub!!" why oh why can't they pack those specs into a 4.5" or even a 5" device.....why why why!!!

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't get this, when people whine about it's size.
What do you care about what others say? It's YOUR choice wheter to buy it or not, as it's your choice wheter you will look stupid with it or not.
And no, it doesn't look stupid, it looks farly normal and is far smaller than the Xperia Z ultra, which sure does look stupid when held close to you ear.
Have you seen anyone speaking to a Galaxy Note phone? It looks normal.
Don listen to other people, listen to your head.

marcelohc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I soooooooo want the 1520....quad core, full HD experience, loads of memory, 20m camera....hell, what's not to like. But damn its big, my mates were like"dude....no!! You can't walk around with that, you'll look like a nub!!" why oh why can't they pack those specs into a 4.5" or even a 5" device.....why why why!!!

I thought to buy a Bluetooth hands-free as alternative to avoid looking like a stupid... Somebody can recommend me one for this lumia?

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
And no, it doesn't look stupid, it looks farly normal and is far smaller than the Xperia Z ultra, which sure does look stupid when held close to you ear.
Have you seen anyone speaking to a Galaxy Note phone? It looks normal.
Don listen to other people, listen to your head.

This is sarcasm, right? ;-) Talking into one of these things looks like you're talking into an Apple Newton. The only thing, imo, that looks sillier than people talking into these enormous devices are the people who use their tablets to take pictures LOL

Hey, too each their own...I agree with your comment that it's 'YOUR choice.'

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Who cares what others think. And it wouldn't be different than someone walking around with a Galaxy Note, which seems to sell fine. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

marcelohc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I thought to buy a Bluetooth hands-free as alternative to avoid looking like a stupid... Somebody can recommend me one for this lumia?

Can I use any bt hands free model with 1520? or it must accomplish with certain requirements?
Only nokia hands free runs with nokia lumia phones?

Thanks all.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Can I use any bt hands free model with 1520? or it must accomplish with certain requirements?
Only nokia hands free runs with nokia lumia phones?

Thanks all.

You should be able to use any BT headset. I've used multiple Jawbone headsets with different Nokia phones including my current 920.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Heard of Lumia 929 for Verizon?

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is sarcasm, right? ;-) Talking into one of these things looks like you're talking into an Apple Newton. The only thing, imo, that looks sillier than people talking into these enormous devices are the people who use their tablets to take pictures LOL

Hey, too each their own...I agree with your comment that it's 'YOUR choice.'

Oh man... People taking pics with their tablets is the ultimate in douchebaggery.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife has already told me that she will make fun of me for as long as I have the 1520. I told her that I don't care, I want that big *** phone!! :)

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, my experience from when I had the Galaxy Note, not many people seem to notice you're talking on a giant phone. Then again, I hardly ever use a phone like a phone. It's a freaking internet/media/texting machine to me. I will say that having a giant phone in a bar and texting or reading something on it will almost ALWAYS end up in people asking you what it is. It's a great conversation starter :)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If you worry about what other people think, you might as well let them control your life. Who gives a flying F what others think? Yes, it's big and I was thinking of getting it as well, but decided to fly with my 920 and wait out for WP 8.1 hardware. So if you want the phone and don't want to wait, just go out and buy it.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey if your happy and want it, get it! Screw everyone else! I am sure they have things that we would consider dumb or silly! I really like the phone too! I would have to go naked though, no case, just screen protector, due to its size! I am still on the fence, I love my 1020! But do love that HD display! I also prefer LCD! Another thing to think about is, how many times a day do you actually put the phone to your ear? For me, maybe once or twice, its always bluetooth in the car, or texting. I got crap for having the Note and Note 2, it was all in good fun. Who cares what others think, as long as you know that the size isn't going to change and you will have times that its sticking out in pockets! If anything just don't be that guy and use a belt clip lol, only doctors or lawyers can pull that off!

Cactoes Gel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, my experience from when I had the Galaxy Note, not many people seem to notice you're talking on a giant phone. Then again, I hardly ever use a phone like a phone. It's a freaking internet/media/texting machine to me. I will say that having a giant phone in a bar and texting or reading something on it will almost ALWAYS end up in people asking you what it is. It's a great conversation starter :)

It's like you read my mind here and posted on my behalf.

I agree with most, don't worry about what other people think or say. You buy it for you, not for them. Can't wait to get mine but still not quite decided on what color.

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
don't buy it. it will be pretty expensive (unless you get carrier subsidies). and windows phone as a platform isn't honestly ready for devices of that high price range.
apps lack (they are coming but are no match to the iOS catalogue). the OS still lacks functionality. ( lock and custom sounds were there even on old symbian s60v5 phones.)
and the biggest negative is the thing is a phablet, and has no stylus. plus the OS restricts Nokia to play around beyond a limit. they can't do anything but make you believe that the camera and screen are worth the price. they're good, no denial. but still, it's the OS that you will be interacting with the most. and as i said, WP as a platform is not ready for devices that expensive. one extra row of tiles is fine. but what else does one get out of the size? they may release smaller screened quad cores in future (929 is coming), which will at least be more sensible.
but in the end this is my opinion. and you should do what you feel is right. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs