12-14-2013 04:29 AM
43 12
tools
    I soooooooo want the 1520....quad core, full HD experience, loads of memory, 20m camera....hell, what's not to like. But damn its big, my mates were like"dude....no!! You can't walk around with that, you'll look like a nub!!" why oh why can't they pack those specs into a 4.5" or even a 5" device.....why why why!!!
    gunnerou likes this.
    11-13-2013 06:21 AM
    I don't get this, when people whine about it's size.
    What do you care about what others say? It's YOUR choice wheter to buy it or not, as it's your choice wheter you will look stupid with it or not.
    And no, it doesn't look stupid, it looks farly normal and is far smaller than the Xperia Z ultra, which sure does look stupid when held close to you ear.
    Have you seen anyone speaking to a Galaxy Note phone? It looks normal.
    Don listen to other people, listen to your head.
    LMZR, Old_Cus, ypi and 7 others like this.
    11-13-2013 06:33 AM
    I soooooooo want the 1520....quad core, full HD experience, loads of memory, 20m camera....hell, what's not to like. But damn its big, my mates were like"dude....no!! You can't walk around with that, you'll look like a nub!!" why oh why can't they pack those specs into a 4.5" or even a 5" device.....why why why!!!
    I thought to buy a Bluetooth hands-free as alternative to avoid looking like a stupid... Somebody can recommend me one for this lumia?
    11-13-2013 06:40 AM
    And no, it doesn't look stupid, it looks farly normal and is far smaller than the Xperia Z ultra, which sure does look stupid when held close to you ear.
    Have you seen anyone speaking to a Galaxy Note phone? It looks normal.
    Don listen to other people, listen to your head.
    This is sarcasm, right? ;-) Talking into one of these things looks like you're talking into an Apple Newton. The only thing, imo, that looks sillier than people talking into these enormous devices are the people who use their tablets to take pictures LOL

Hey, too each their own...I agree with your comment that it's 'YOUR choice.'
    ishaan_666, Rem97, techiez and 2 others like this.
    11-13-2013 07:02 AM
    Who cares what others think. And it wouldn't be different than someone walking around with a Galaxy Note, which seems to sell fine. So I'm not sure what the issue is.
    11-13-2013 07:23 AM
    I thought to buy a Bluetooth hands-free as alternative to avoid looking like a stupid... Somebody can recommend me one for this lumia?
    Can I use any bt hands free model with 1520? or it must accomplish with certain requirements?
    Only nokia hands free runs with nokia lumia phones?

Thanks all.
    11-13-2013 07:46 AM
    Can I use any bt hands free model with 1520? or it must accomplish with certain requirements?
    Only nokia hands free runs with nokia lumia phones?

Thanks all.
    You should be able to use any BT headset. I've used multiple Jawbone headsets with different Nokia phones including my current 920.
    11-13-2013 08:01 AM
    Heard of Lumia 929 for Verizon?
    11-13-2013 08:24 AM
    This is sarcasm, right? ;-) Talking into one of these things looks like you're talking into an Apple Newton. The only thing, imo, that looks sillier than people talking into these enormous devices are the people who use their tablets to take pictures LOL

Hey, too each their own...I agree with your comment that it's 'YOUR choice.'
    Oh man... People taking pics with their tablets is the ultimate in douchebaggery.
    11-13-2013 09:00 AM
    You should be able to use any BT headset. I've used multiple Jawbone headsets with different Nokia phones including my current 920.
    Thanks for your answer man. I'm a little noob in this kind of accessories...
    11-13-2013 10:31 AM
    My wife has already told me that she will make fun of me for as long as I have the 1520. I told her that I don't care, I want that big *** phone!! :-)
    Old_Cus likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:50 AM
    FWIW, my experience from when I had the Galaxy Note, not many people seem to notice you're talking on a giant phone. Then again, I hardly ever use a phone like a phone. It's a freaking internet/media/texting machine to me. I will say that having a giant phone in a bar and texting or reading something on it will almost ALWAYS end up in people asking you what it is. It's a great conversation starter :)
    11-13-2013 12:28 PM
    If you worry about what other people think, you might as well let them control your life. Who gives a flying F what others think? Yes, it's big and I was thinking of getting it as well, but decided to fly with my 920 and wait out for WP 8.1 hardware. So if you want the phone and don't want to wait, just go out and buy it.
    11-13-2013 01:45 PM
    At least its a far cry of a concern from just using a Windows Phone. The good ole days where ppl looked at you crazy.
    jjag520 likes this.
    11-13-2013 01:49 PM
    Screw it......I'm getting this phone. Gonna be 1520'ing in style :)
    Old_Cus, jjag520 and sumton like this.
    11-13-2013 02:01 PM
    Hey if your happy and want it, get it! Screw everyone else! I am sure they have things that we would consider dumb or silly! I really like the phone too! I would have to go naked though, no case, just screen protector, due to its size! I am still on the fence, I love my 1020! But do love that HD display! I also prefer LCD! Another thing to think about is, how many times a day do you actually put the phone to your ear? For me, maybe once or twice, its always bluetooth in the car, or texting. I got crap for having the Note and Note 2, it was all in good fun. Who cares what others think, as long as you know that the size isn't going to change and you will have times that its sticking out in pockets! If anything just don't be that guy and use a belt clip lol, only doctors or lawyers can pull that off!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-13-2013 02:33 PM
    If anything just don't be that guy and use a belt clip lol, only doctors or lawyers can pull that off!
    No....nobody can pull it off anymore. Believe me, I've tried, and I have been expressly forbidden from ever using a belt holster ever again.
    mary beth hale and husslord like this.
    11-13-2013 03:01 PM
    FWIW, my experience from when I had the Galaxy Note, not many people seem to notice you're talking on a giant phone. Then again, I hardly ever use a phone like a phone. It's a freaking internet/media/texting machine to me. I will say that having a giant phone in a bar and texting or reading something on it will almost ALWAYS end up in people asking you what it is. It's a great conversation starter :)
    It's like you read my mind here and posted on my behalf.

I agree with most, don't worry about what other people think or say. You buy it for you, not for them. Can't wait to get mine but still not quite decided on what color.
    11-14-2013 12:45 AM
    correct if Im wrong but the galaxy note 3 is smaller than the 1520 right?
    11-14-2013 06:27 AM
    don't buy it. it will be pretty expensive (unless you get carrier subsidies). and windows phone as a platform isn't honestly ready for devices of that high price range.
    apps lack (they are coming but are no match to the iOS catalogue). the OS still lacks functionality. ( lock and custom sounds were there even on old symbian s60v5 phones.)
    and the biggest negative is the thing is a phablet, and has no stylus. plus the OS restricts Nokia to play around beyond a limit. they can't do anything but make you believe that the camera and screen are worth the price. they're good, no denial. but still, it's the OS that you will be interacting with the most. and as i said, WP as a platform is not ready for devices that expensive. one extra row of tiles is fine. but what else does one get out of the size? they may release smaller screened quad cores in future (929 is coming), which will at least be more sensible.
    but in the end this is my opinion. and you should do what you feel is right. :)
    11-14-2013 06:49 AM
    correct if Im wrong but the galaxy note 3 is smaller than the 1520 right?
    Yes. Lumia 1520 size is more close to Galaxy Mega.
    11-14-2013 07:21 AM
    11-14-2013 09:10 AM
    It's like you read my mind here and posted on my behalf.

I agree with most, don't worry about what other people think or say. You buy it for you, not for them. Can't wait to get mine but still not quite decided on what color.
    My biggest problem is color too.
    Yellow is a big no for me. Red is attractive but I'm not going that route. It's between black and white. Might just go with white since my 920 was a glossy white and I always wondered how it'd be to have a matte white phone
    11-14-2013 12:44 PM
    don't buy it. it will be pretty expensive (unless you get carrier subsidies). and windows phone as a platform isn't honestly ready for devices of that high price range.
    apps lack (they are coming but are no match to the iOS catalogue). the OS still lacks functionality. ( lock and custom sounds were there even on old symbian s60v5 phones.)
    and the biggest negative is the thing is a phablet, and has no stylus. plus the OS restricts Nokia to play around beyond a limit. they can't do anything but make you believe that the camera and screen are worth the price. they're good, no denial. but still, it's the OS that you will be interacting with the most. and as i said, WP as a platform is not ready for devices that expensive. one extra row of tiles is fine. but what else does one get out of the size? they may release smaller screened quad cores in future (929 is coming), which will at least be more sensible.
    but in the end this is my opinion. and you should do what you feel is right. :)
    It's actually not that expensive compared to others. And people like you will always say apps are lacking even if windows phone has a million apps. It's just 'the thing to do". You do realize that windows phone nor android will ever catch up to ioS right? Like... ever
    So no point in mentioning it.
    ypi, Old_Cus and cckgz4 like this.
    11-14-2013 12:47 PM
    i went and played with the 1520 at at&t store today. it feels good in the hand with the rounded edges. the screen quality is amazing. it flies as you are messing with the UI. i didnt think it could get anymore smooth when comparing it to my 1020, but it has. the camera quality is amazing. it processes pics fast. the focus on it was very fast and almost unnoticeable from the view screen. it is very lite feeling with it being a 6 inch phone. i was surprised by how lite it felt. i had intentions on pre-ordering one today but something stopped me. the size of it. it's just too big. i put it up to my ear like i was speaking on a call and looked at myself in the mirror. it doesnt look right. the size of it reminds me of a mini tablet. when texting my thumbs had to move alot of distance to tap the letters.

it has alot of big pluses for the windows phone ecosystem, but i just couldnt get over the size of it. so i'm going to have to wait for a 5 inch windows phone to come out on at&t. i hope 2014 has one for at&t.
    11-14-2013 02:56 PM
43 12