Any Rumors on the 32 GB AT&T Release?

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to get the 1520, but I am planning on holding out for the 32 GB variant. I'm hoping it isn't too long after Nov 22nd. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Say 32 Hail Marys to Saint Happening and you might get your wish. Even if it does come it will be without proper Qi charging which is de facto world standard.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, they already said it is coming. So I'm not worried about that. And as far as wireless charging, I couldn't care less. I had it before on my Palm Pre, and i gave it up. It's a nicety that I can do without.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 now available for pre-order from AT&T, starts at $199 and arrives November 22nd | Windows Phone Central
"And there’s a little nice surprise from AT&T. While they may still be omitting wireless charging for the Lumia 1520, they are planning on offering a 32GB version of the phone in the near future. No words on pricing or availability for that. When we learn more we’ll definitely share with you guys."

I doubt complaining will change their minds about the Qi charging since the reason they removed it was because of PMA. I assume the only reason they originally omitted the 32GB was for price, then once they saw a backlash, they figured people wouldn't mind the premium for more storage.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just pre ordered a 1520 at a Microsoft store. What surprised me was they asked if I wanted the 32 GB or 16 GB version.

When I mentioned it shouldn't be available they checked and seemed to confirm that it wasn't available yet. So it does seem it is in their system.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I do remember seeing that blurb but with no hard detail I figured ATT was just pandering to try and reduce the flack for declawing a fantastic phone. I guess we'll wait and see.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I think if anything, them saying they are going to release a 32 GB version and then backtracking would cause even more of an uproar then just releasing the 16GB and calling it a day. I would hope that AT&T isn't that bad. But who knows.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I already figured I'd get a card for photo/video and just live with the 16 GB. I couldn't pass up all the extras that come with the pre-order.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think if anything, them saying they are going to release a 32 GB version and then backtracking would cause even more of an uproar then just releasing the 16GB and calling it a day. I would hope that AT&T isn't that bad. But who knows.

How is it possible to backtrack from a rumor?

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
"in the near future" ... just like in the coming weeks. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. Anytime 2 companies, or more, are involved promises are empty until they start shipping. Not that I don't want this to be real I'm just realistic.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Right. I'm agreeing with you. My only point is that it was stated in an official capacity, not a rumor. Also, if it never materializes (which may happen), it will be worse than if they never mentioned it in the first place.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
releasing their version of the 1520 was worse than if it had never happened in the first place. The scam PMA Incipio case was just insult to injury.

jbyron

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
^ this. althought I did buy the incipio cyan case (non charging) and a sandisk extreme PRO 16gb card. so, cyan and 32gb total for me I can live with it. it's just, I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO when nokia already built the phone I really wanted.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
releasing their version of the 1520 was worse than if it had never happened in the first place. The scam PMA Incipio case was just insult to injury.

Spot on. It kills me to see what ATT did to what would have been a killer device. They made it worse and they didn't have to. Good job ATT. rolleyes

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
^ this. althought I did buy the incipio cyan case (non charging) and a sandisk extreme PRO 16gb card. so, cyan and 32gb total for me I can live with it. it's just, I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO when nokia already built the phone I really wanted.

you just fed the beast and validated their actions.....congrats...

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You guys are getting off topic. We all know that AT&T "ruined" a stellar device. We get it. But I was asking more for information, because, contrary to popular belief, I would rather "feed the beast" and get a device I want, with all of AT&T's features, than spend extra money for a device that is essentially the same but with one additional feature that I don't really care about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs