Qi charging on ATT 1520

Jeyrus

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm very interested about this. I wish Nokia would make a Qi cover like the Lumia 925 if enough American customers demanded it. It was really dumb that they gave into a carrier's demand. AT&T is a horrible partner.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Wonderful...but I already have two Qi charging pads. Does anyone know if AT&T is investing in recycling or landfills?

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I asked customer representative in my country this phone will come in mid December.

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Have you all seen the PMA chargers in action? I understand if you have the older generation chargers that are IQ and you would like to be able to use those. If you are new to wireless charging I think you should give PMA a try. I have the Incipio charging back and have gotten in the Powermat charging base. Its a slick system that offers more than the IQ charging system does. The PMA charging system has magnets on the base to hold the device in place while charging. The charging base uses NFC to know when the device is fully charged and shuts the charger off when the phone reaches full battery. This will increase battery life. The Duracell Powermat base has lights and sound to indicate charging. All in all its a nicer system than the IQ chargers.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind posting some pics of the phone in the case please?

Have you all seen the PMA chargers in action? I understand if you have the older generation chargers that are IQ and you would like to be able to use those. If you are new to wireless charging I think you should give PMA a try. I have the Incipio charging back and have gotten in the Powermat charging base. Its a slick system that offers more than the IQ charging system does. The PMA charging system has magnets on the base to hold the device in place while charging. The charging base uses NFC to know when the device is fully charged and shuts the charger off when the phone reaches full battery. This will increase battery life. The Duracell Powermat base has lights and sound to indicate charging. All in all its a nicer system than the IQ chargers.

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its ok, not as good as the built in one on 920. Just put the 920 on and it charges every time within a second. The 1520 is so much bigger you have to make sure its centered and then wait 3 seconds before it detects.

Its slower and requires more placement precision. I can't recommend it 100%. For me its just a temp solution until I can get a genuine Nokia replacement shell

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, has anyone even seen a Nokia wireless charging cover for the 1520? I don't remember seeing one in any of the presentations.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Its ok, not as good as the built in one on 920. Just put the 920 on and it charges every time within a second. The 1520 is so much bigger you have to make sure its centered and then wait 3 seconds before it detects.

Its slower and requires more placement precision. I can't recommend it 100%. For me its just a temp solution until I can get a genuine Nokia replacement shell
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Board Express
Thanks. Lack of Qi charging is the only thing keeping me from seriously considering the 1020 or 1520, now that the Verizon 929 is nowhere in sight. With this work around, I can go shopping. :) About how long does it take to fully charge your 1520 battery with this insert?

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Lack of Qi charging is the only thing keeping me from seriously considering the 1020 or 1520, now that the Verizon 929 is nowhere in sight. With this work around, I can go shopping. :) About how long does it take to fully charge your 1520 battery with this insert?

The 1520 has a bigger battery so I noticed it doesn't charge as quickly as the 920, especially with this qi receiver (750ma vs the 920's 1000ma). The 920 would fully charge in 2.5 hrs. This one charges about 20%/hr (5 hours). The 920 would do 2000mah/2.5hrs=800mah/hr. My setup is 3400mah/5hrs= 680mah/hr or about 85% of the 920's rate (though rated 75%).

Don't read too much into numbers or try too hard to extrapolate data: Bottom line is that it works ok

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you take a picture of it on your 1520? Do you leave it on all the time? (If not, it sounds like it might be more work than plugging in the regular USB cable.)

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone even seen a Nokia wireless charging cover for the 1520? I don't remember seeing one in any of the presentations.
I doubt there will be one. All other markets have Qi built in, and AT&T demanded it be PMA for them to sell it so they could push their custom chargers. I'd have to imagine that any such agreement would also prevent Nokia from producing an adapter shell (or, Nokia would not want to produce such a shell since it would only be used in one market). AT&T is such an easy company to hate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)