Finally saw the 1520 in person

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local AT&T store and saw the 1520. Like most people my first impression was: it's big! It was lighter than I anticipated and comfortable to hold. I have a glossy white phone now but I liked the matte finish of the black store demo. The screen is beautiful and it definitely benefits from having an extra column of tiles. I didn't notice any difference in responsiveness compared to my 920 but I didn't expect to. As I play with the phone I realized it didn't feel awkward in my hand at all and in no time I had adapted to it's size. My 920 seemed small after playing with the 1520.

One thing that really annoyed me though was later in the day I was test driving a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe and the dealer was pointing out all the things you could do with their Blue Link system and your smartphone: lock, unlock, start or locate the car, etc. Of course this only works with Android and iPhone.:angry:

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm just glad there's an Onstar app for WP. :grin: I have to switch cars when I get off work so, I start my wife's car from work when I leave and it's warm and clear when I get home.

samk2099

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Michelle, after customizing and installing apps you need, how much internal memory do you have left?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just saw it on Friday.

Wow. It's huge! I actually starts laughing when I saw it. But in a giddy way. It was ridiculous... but awesome.

The screen was stellar and the camera was much better than I expected.

I want one.

If I wasn't on contract right now I would have picks it up.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man finished paying my part of out att bill and saw the 1520 on display and my first words were damn this b@#$& is big but the screen was gorgeous. I didn't play with the phone that long but man its big.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I played with one at my local AT&T store yesterday. That screen is unbelievable. Like everyone has said, it is thin and light, but huge. I'd prefer the RM-938 variant so I could try out T-Mobile, but easily go back to AT&T if the coverage didn't work out. Plus the 8.1 thing seems to be hanging over my head...I've had my Titan for 2 years but I need more convincing to go with the 1520 I guess.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I played with one at my local AT&T store yesterday. That screen is unbelievable. Like everyone has said, it is thin and light, but huge. I'd prefer the RM-938 variant so I could try out T-Mobile, but easily go back to AT&T if the coverage didn't work out. Plus the 8.1 thing seems to be hanging over my head...I've had my Titan for 2 years but I need more convincing to go with the 1520 I guess.

You know how much convincing I need? Oh, a new phone has come out utilizing the OS I like? Okay, I'll buy it. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium