When do pre-orders ship from the Microsoft Store?

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my 1520 a couple of days ago but one thing I'm wondering is when do they actually ship the device? Will it ship on release day or do they ship early to arrive at my door on release day? This is the first time I haven't went through AT&T for a pre-order so I'm just curious. Given that it releases on a Friday it would suck to have to wait the weekend (non business days) and then a couple more business days to have it delivered..

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Word on the street is (no official source) they are shipping in time so people get the phone on the 22nd. There is even word that if you pay extra for 2nd day or overnight shipping, you will get it early.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was told that they will begin shipping them out on the 19th. This came from a Microsoft Store reps. I got the same answer via Chat and a phone call to them.

Now we just have to wait and see.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@razorguy
Just wanted to let you know that I laughed out loud when I read "amazeballs". I then found myself having to explain to my wife why I was laughing. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I've ever said the word "amazeballs" to my wife. lol :)

On another note, I'm hoping to get my 1520 early as well.... paid for two day shipping.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
@razorguy
Just wanted to let you know that I laughed out loud when I read "amazeballs". I then found myself having to explain to my wife why I was laughing. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I've ever said the word "amazeballs" to my wife. lol :)

On another note, I'm hoping to get my 1520 early as well.... paid for two day shipping.

Lol. Oddly enough my girlfriend is the one who started saying it around me and now I say it all the time. Hopefully your wife didn't think you were too crazy.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Crazy as I am, I paid for one day shipping.... so that would mean that I possibly could hold this baby in my hands on the 20th... amazeballs would be an understatement for how cool that would be :)

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I went through the 920 preorder ordeal... And ended up canceling the order and going to a store to get my phone after everyone and their grandmothers had it... I am just hopelessly optimistic and still believe that preorder CAN mean to get something first :)

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered for store pickup, so we'll see how that goes. From what I heard the Surface 2 store pre-order pickup process didn't seem too bad. Here's hoping.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just had a chat with MS store support. I was told that at this moment they have no idea when the phone will become available for them. no shipping dates, nada. I asked if they expect preorders to arrive at their customers at launch date and the answer was that they really don't know. At least they could confirm that my order went through and will stay in status "in progress" until it ships.whenever that might be.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just had a chat with MS store support. I was told that at this moment they have no idea when the phone will become available for them. no shipping dates, nada. I asked if they expect preorders to arrive at their customers at launch date and the answer was that they really don't know. At least they could confirm that my order went through and will stay in status "in progress" until it ships.whenever that might be.
My pre-order is showing backordered, wtf is microsoft doing? I am on hold with them now. :(

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, this morning I chatted with a Microsoft rep about the status of my 1520. Also spoke via phone to another rep this afternoon. Both requested my order number, and informed me that the phone would be in my hands on the 22nd. I ordered a white 1520 on the 8th.

anon(415336)

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just placed an order from MS and they told me that it should be in my hands on Friday (the 22nd). This is better than ATT who told me after 2 phone calls that it would be backordered. I'm going to call MS tomorrow to double check.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a tracking number yet. If they are going to get them to us by Friday they are cutting it close. I will not wait till Monday or some time next week to get my device. If I don't have it Friday I will send it back because I will be buying one Friday from a local store. I seam to have really bad luck with pre orders. I have only done it twice. I did it with the L920 I ordered a Yellow one from AT&T I waited a whole week after launch before I gave up canceled the order and bought a White one. I decided to change my luck this time and order a white one from Microsoft. I should have known better that to order anything for Microsoft on XBOX One launch week. I know I will eventually get a L1520 some how it just sucks dealing with this BS Microsoft is putting us through. They have known sense the 8th that I want one. Its not like they had no idea how many people would be ordering. To make pre orders wait till the last possible day to ship is BS. I paid next day shipping if it ships tomorrow there is still a chance but I am bot feeling to good about it right this minute. UPS does not deliver on Saturday if they ship Friday we get them Monday that is unacceptable.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my Microsoft Store order to save $100 on the AT&T deal. But now AT&T is saying it will ship between the 25th and 27th. I want the phone but I'll wait a few days for saving $100.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft Store CS all they can tell me is that they have no idea when my phone will ship. Its two late to cancel the order I will have to wait till I get it then I will have to return it. They have already billed my CC so I am stuck with an additional 6 bills on my card until I can get my money back from MSS. If I don't get a tracking number tomorrow or I don't have the phone on Friday I will be going to the AT&T store and getting it there. What a load of crap.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I. Was on hold for 3 freaking hours. I called the next morning only to talk to a Rep who didn't have a clue :(. I still don't know the status of my order and neither does Microsoft :(

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I gave up after 1/2 hour on hold. I'm used to calling MS for enterprise class support, which is a completely different experience.

MS needs to get their consumer retail act in order if they want to be in that kind of hardware :).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre