Just picked up my Lumia 1520 $540 from ATT Store

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I played with a 1520 at my local AT&T store today and noticed that the apps list looks different. I used to swype right, tap on the A on top of all apps starting with A and then just on the letter of the app name I was looking for. (hope that makes sense) now it seems that the letters dividing the apps alphabetically are gone. I just saw one long continuous list of apps. Now, I don't know if that was just a setting, but it jumped on me, since it would change the way I search for apps...

cyco1978

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The ATT RM-940 block 1700 3G and obviously doesn't support wireless charging.. They crippled it so ATT can make some money... Att said there getting the 32GB which might be the US variant RM-938

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I played with a 1520 at my local AT&T store today and noticed that the apps list looks different. I used to swype right, tap on the A on top of all apps starting with A and then just on the letter of the app name I was looking for. (hope that makes sense) now it seems that the letters dividing the apps alphabetically are gone. I just saw one long continuous list of apps. Now, I don't know if that was just a setting, but it jumped on me, since it would change the way I search for apps...

They don't show up until you have a certain number of applications installed. I think the magic number is 40.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you buy the phone at full retail from an AT&T Corporate store, it is $35 cheaper than purchasing online. I have bought several phones from them recently, and it has always been less expensive to go to the store. Guess they charge a "fee" to use the online service.

Lenin17301

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello MichelleSV, congrats on getting early this very cool phone, I have a question for you,: can I buy the phone the same way you did even if I'm not a resident of the US? "the same way" meaning off-contract, not the early release date, I'll be on vacations in the US (Fort Lauderdale) on the 22th so I can wait :)

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How is the regular voice-call speaker volume and also the speakerphone volume compared to the 920? My 920 is just too low (for me) both ways during voice calls.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you buy the phone at full retail from an AT&T Corporate store, it is $35 cheaper than purchasing online. I have bought several phones from them recently, and it has always been less expensive to go to the store. Guess they charge a "fee" to use the online service.
Actually ATT had been subcontracting the retail to third parties. This includes so called "official store" and phone services. So that $35 discount might be unique to that district or even that store. Overall, they are in a mess.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok my question is simple, how manageable is it to use. Is it too big? Are the apps optimized for the screen or they look weird with the extra resolution?

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Its Big, But not that hard to use.. about like a Note 3. I have little hands and love it. now if you a IPhone user.

Well i have used big phones and after bouncing around between platforms, i am coming back from a nexus 5 which is. 5 inch display and ill big going all out with the lumia 2520, my concern is some google services missing like google search which honestly if google could put the app like in ios it would be great, and also some apps are still missing, hopefully not for long.

cyco1978

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well i have used big phones and after bouncing around between platforms, i am coming back from a nexus 5 which is. 5 inch display and ill big going all out with the lumia 2520, my concern is some google services missing like google search which honestly if google could put the app like in ios it would be great, and also some apps are still missing, hopefully not for long.
wish google would they couldn't even agree on the YouTube app.. My Nexus 5 ships on the 22nd I'm sending it back. I love google but there getting really creepy. I've been using a 925 for a month I've worked around google services. After playing with the Nexus 5 & the 1520 Friday... 1520 all the way

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I had a Nexus 5 before i got my 1520, nexus 5 sound quailty not very good, and the camera is junk, Email on Lumia 1520 is awesome.

cyco1978

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a Nexus 5 before i got my 1520, nexus 5 sound quailty not very good, and the camera is junk, Email on Lumia 1520 is awesome.
thanks for that, I picked it up and sat it right back down in best buy lol.. I won't be opening the box when it comes, sending it back to Google!!

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
cyco1978 you be glad you Returned that Nexus 5, its really not that impressive. If you email alot Lumia 1520 is Best out there. I like everything about mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel