Just picked up my Lumia 1520 $540 from ATT Store

dabotsonline

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm particularly interested in hearing how quickly Nokia Music and Nokia Camera open from cold with that SD800. My 925 manages about 4-5 seconds and 2-3 seconds respectively and am hopeful to see some boosts in this area.

Thank you, @MichelleSV , for answering @gravage 's question that the shot-to-shot time for JPG + RAW with Nokia Camera (v4.4.0.8 ?) is two seconds, but I also second @flattie 's query of the Nokia Camera start-up time from cold.

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, @MichelleSV , for answering @gravage 's question that the shot-to-shot time for JPG + RAW with Nokia Camera (v4.4.0.8 ?) is two seconds, but I also second @flattie 's query of the Nokia Camera start-up time from cold.

As well as a standard jpeg photo, my tests with the demo unit seemed fast, and that was set for jpeg.

Robbie_Jardine

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It's funny reading this thread of people fawning over a person who claims to have the new Nokia Lumia 1520 yet provides no actual images of the illusive handset. A box does not mean they have the actual handset, this could have been obtained by other means and the 'receipt' could have been doctored with Photoshop.

I remain doubtful until proven otherwise

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It's funny reading this thread of people fawning over a person who claims to have the new Nokia Lumia 1520 yet provides no actual images of the illusive handset. A box does not mean they have the actual handset, this could have been obtained by other means and the 'receipt' could have been doctored with Photoshop.

I remain doubtful until proven otherwise

3 posts in and you're already causing trouble

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
michelle, did you manage to get your phone unlocked yet? from what I read all of a sudden AT&T is not letting people get their phone unlocked, even though they pay full price for their phone, is that even legal? if you pay full price for the phone should you be able to get it unlocked if you ask for it?

iNickx

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Great to see that you already got the phone.

Could you maybe do me a favor, i'm currently switching between, iphone, android and Lumia 920 due to Whatsapp.
Often when typing on Lumia i'm missing message in whatsapp due to the small screen/low resolution.

I truly hope that whatsapp is better and more usable then on previous phones with small resolution.

Could you please do me a favor and make a picture of it, then i'm sure i'll get this one.

Thank you

bo2k10

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
been using mine for a few days now; Think a lot of the apps need to be updated to take advantage of the increase size and resolution ... i'm looking at you Skype first and foremost... 4 lines of messages on a 6" display with tons of free space wasted is not a good user experience! same applies to Viber/Whatsapp and a ton of other Apps

iNickx

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
been using mine for a few days now; Think a lot of the apps need to be updated to take advantage of the increase size and resolution ... i'm looking at you Skype first and foremost... 4 lines of messages on a 6" display with tons of free space wasted is not a good user experience! same applies to Viber/Whatsapp and a ton of other Apps

Appreciate your reply, we need to wait then till some updates.

bo2k10

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate your reply, we need to wait then till some updates.

Didnt mean to imply you should wait or not buy the device. I think the apps will take some time to update especially since the market share of large screen and higher resolution WP8 devices is not high nor will be for a while. Love the device otherwise. Extremely light and thin for its size.

Not a phone thing but WP8 needs a UI update for 8.1 to seriously take better advantage of screen real estate. alot of BIG *** fonts. i want alot of content to fit that 6" 1080p screen microsoft!

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Will not unlock them, only by website and website says Currently not Unlock able. maybe once it officially comes out

Inickx
I load whatsapp and take a picture of it

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Will not unlock them, only by website and website says Currently not Unlock able. maybe once it officially comes out

Inickx
I load whatsapp and take a picture of it

They might have a 6 month wait before unlocking like they did with the 920 :/

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
They said exactly the same thing with the 1020 and yet were unlocking phones quite happily for everyone except me.

I think that the same will be true here so that after the official launch plenty of people will get unlocks and some like myself won't because
its impossible to do it over the phone or there is a 6 month wait - both things I was told while others were getting unlocks with one call.

I am only pointing this out because I believe they can unlock it and will if your lucky however I think we have to wait for the official release when lots of
people call up and then see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99