I want the Nokia Lumia 1520 but unlocked with TMobile...

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
What do I need to to in order to get the Nokia Lumia 1520 unlocked and working with my tmobile plan?

and will the phone work with Tmobile?

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
All those interested in an unlocked device should hold off a few weeks ...the FCC chairman pretty much told carriers to have something in place before the holidays or else his agency will force their hand

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
ATT Denied me Unlock code, Said they no longer have access to unlock phones, and its all done now via Website,, said have to be ATT Customer or GOPhone

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ATT Denied me Unlock code, Said they no longer have access to unlock phones, and its all done now via Website,, said have to be ATT Customer or GOPhone

I am worried about this. I don't know what to do :(

I currently use t-mobile and am very happy with my plan. Did you try to unlock with the website and did they say you have to be a customer for 60 days?

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
For those being denied, were they activate on an AT&T account when you tried? I heard that was the issue in the past, in that they might need to be.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
All the published specs I've read say that the ATT model is missing the WCDMA AWS bands meaning that if you're not in a TMo refarmed or LTE area, you're stuck with 2G.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I think that's a new policy change or something. I bought an AT&T tablet a few months ago and they required a plan. But I just called a local store here and they said I could buy any phone at full price and they wouldn't require a plan.

And back to the unlocking issue, that's something AT&T has been rather vague with when I've called them. It seems if it was bought from them directly and is active with their service, unlocking shouldn't be an issue. Inactive? Who knows. And when asked about phones purchased from other retailers, such as Microsoft, they aren't sure at all. And from a recent search I did on the topic, it sounds like it could be an issue with those phones not being in their database. So activating it with AT&T first could be a possible "work-around."

Either way, nothing is definitive with this stuff. Personally, I'm going to try to get it unlocked via phone and website out of the box. If no go, I'll probably sign up for GoPhone for a month, and see if that does it. Per a recent AT&T chat, they claim GoPhone plans are unlockable just as if it were on a normal contract plan. And worse case, StraightTalk says they allow locked or unlocked AT&T phones. Which would provide much better coverage than the limited T-Mobile LTE and H+ 1900 re-farmed areas. So there's that.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that's a new policy change or something. I bought an AT&T tablet a few months ago and they required a plan. But I just called a local store here and they said I could buy any phone at full price and they wouldn't require a plan.

And back to the unlocking issue, that's something AT&T has been rather vague with when I've called them. It seems if it was bought from them directly and is active with their service, unlocking shouldn't be an issue. Inactive? Who knows. And when asked about phones purchased from other retailers, such as Microsoft, they aren't sure at all. And from a recent search I did on the topic, it sounds like it could be an issue with those phones not being in their database. So activating it with AT&T first could be a possible "work-around."

Either way, nothing is definitive with this stuff. Personally, I'm going to try to get it unlocked via phone and website out of the box. If no go, I'll probably sign up for GoPhone for a month, and see if that does it. Per a recent AT&T chat, they claim GoPhone plans are unlockable just as if it were on a normal contract plan. And worse case, StraightTalk says they allow locked or unlocked AT&T phones. Which would provide much better coverage than the limited T-Mobile LTE and H+ 1900 re-farmed areas. So there's that.

I am not sure if go phone will work. This is what I found about it:

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

I really want the phone but need it unlocked to work with tmobile? :(

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if go phone will work. This is what I found about it:

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

I really want the phone but need it unlocked to work with tmobile? :(

I am also with tmobile, and I want the phone, I will buy it from Microsoft and put my brothers att sim card on it then I will try to unlock it via website. Hope it works. Then I will try to see if it wrks with tmo here in SD. I am currently using my Verizon 822, I get hspa plus but not LTE. My internet sharing doesn't work and sending txt is hit or miss. 11/22 isn't coming fast enough.

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I am going to Call AT&T again today and see if I get someone thats more "Friendly " I will say NET10 works great.. but I want to get Tmobile to work.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe Straight Talk offers LTE on AT&T networks, last I checked.

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It is interesting that that sold you the phone before the official launch on the 22nd. I might have to visit an AT&T store today. I might even visit the MS Store. It is opening today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo