I want the Nokia Lumia 1520 but unlocked with TMobile...

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

You will still get 3G at the most, My area has refarmed spots, but they are refarmed to give me 3G, but no 4g, in central Atlanta,Georgia I got all 5 3G bars. I'm just stating from my WP coming unlocked from Verizon. I also hate that you rarely can send texts over 3g(Only on Nokia Lumia 822 because of Verizon) always getting an error, and that the H+ is the highest you can go. I think H+ is close to 4G I am mainly on 3G or edge most of the time.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You will still get 3G at the most, My area has refarmed spots, but they are refarmed to give me 3G, but no 4g, in central Atlanta,Georgia I got all 5 3G bars. I'm just stating from my WP coming unlocked from Verizon. I also hate that you rarely can send texts over 3g(Only on Nokia Lumia 822 because of Verizon) always getting an error, and that the H+ is the highest you can go. I think H+ is close to 4G I am mainly on 3G or edge most of the time.

I am able to get LTE on my AT&T Lumia 920 with T-Mobile. Does the 1520 have the same bands as the 920?

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I am able to get LTE on my AT&T Lumia 920 with T-Mobile. Does the 1520 have the same bands as the 920?

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
If it already worked on T-mobile it should work getting 4g. Since AT&T already had the same bands it should be the same. Why don't you go check it out at the store? Don't exactly ask if it will work with T-mobile, but ask the bands and then look it up yourself. Or take the bands to T-Mobile and ask them.

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
The phone Can;t Be Unlocked yet, Tried the Website and its a no go, Used my friend ATT account details.. said in bright RED font, this phone can't be unlocked

Last edited:

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The phone Can;t Be Unlocked yet, Tried the Website and its a no go, Used my friend ATT account details.. said in bright RED font, this phone can't be unlocked

This is exactly what happened to me with my 1020. I got it off eBay from the US. I phoned AT&T three times and they told me it couldn't be unlocked at all for at least 6 months.

This was at the same time as everyone was getting the 1020 unlocked on here by AT&T.

I got no where. Even when I complained they just told me it was IMPOSSIBLE to unlock it. The website had the RED writing and AT&T said no way would I ever get it unlocked.

At the same time others were getting it unlocked with one call.

So it appears Michelle that you have gotten the same difficult unhelpful people as I did when I called. I don't believe you can't get if unlocked because others had their phones unlocked. Eventually I found a website doing unlocks and they gave me a code.

BUT I AM still very very angry at the terrible service I received from two-faced unreliable AT&T reps.

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
One of many reason I left them this month after 13 years. I just wish the Rm-938 shows its face somewhere in the US. Even though its listed as a US variant, many blogs are reporting it as a Latin American variant. So damn confusing and irritating. I want it on Tmo and that's it. I'd rather save $40 a month and use a 925 than get screwed by shT&T. But like everyone I am eagerly waiting and if any one can ask eveleaks that would be great.

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
The people I talked to at AT&T Very nice, ive talked to 3 people, and the tools they used to unlock phones has been removed.. since oct 1, 2013 only via website, the lady i talked did everything she could to help me.

Net10 MVNO is great its 2.5Gig per month of LTE speed, which more then enough for me. I normally use about 1.5-2Gig a month. i tell you coverage is way better then Tmobile and I in a Rearmed area with LTE with Tmobile. lots of EDGE spots still here with tmobile.

Pretty happy with Net10

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
You might be right I don't know but on Oct 16 I was chatting with an online AT&T rep and told him that I don't know how to request unlock via the web (I was being lazy) for my wife's iPhone and he did it for me and in two minutes I got an email to go ahead and unlock. They might be giving you a run around I am not sure but I have experienced nice customer service with retention dept only when I have told them I am leaving their sorry butts.

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
And I forgot to mention, tmo is much better in Orlando than at&T, also once again for the dead spots when I visit my folks in the woods, WiFi calling covers it.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they are purposely being difficult actually.

I just think that some people at AT&T know how to do an unlock themselves and some don't.

And it seems that it is pure luck as to who you get.

I was told that an unlock was only possible online but that because the 1020 was new I had to wait 6 months.

I told them that others were getting them unlocked by making phone calls to CS and they told me that was not possible as
there was no way to do it... it was only possible online. This was a lie. Not intentional but not correct. Just look at the 1020 unlock threads
you will see me complaining that I was told it was impossible while everyone else is being unlocked.

So I don't believe it isn't unlockable over the phone. I am 100% certain that once it is officially available that plenty of people will get
free unlocks over the phone and report it here.

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to find out what RM versions are from china and Vietnam? I know we can go to the developers page and they do list it but I would like to know what it says on the box itself because the Chines model suggested RM-938 but I thought that was 937? Confusing. Can't wait to find out and hopefully someone from TMOBILE is listening and they can get the phone.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Yeah. att.com/deviceunlock starts the process.

Care is no longer allowed to start the process on your behalf, probably because of call volumes, but I don't know for sure why.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Where is the best place to purchase thr international version. I want the built in wireless charging and to have it unlocked with tmobile :)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

AleWP7

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
if I buy the Nokia Lumia 1520 AT&T...can I use the phone in Italy?
First, the phone will need to be SIM unlocked. IF your friend is an AT&T customer, he can probably get them to unlock the phone; if he is not, AT&T will not unlock it. Once it's unlocked, you can use it in Italy for 2G (GSM and EDGE) and 3G (UMTS, HSPA), however, you will not get LTE services. The AT&T version of the 1520 supports LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 17; Italy uses 3, 7, and 20.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss