Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
re: Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

Thx :smile: I didn't do much PP actually. Just a fast one with Darken Highlights, Brighten Shadows, Contrast. But no Sharpening, the out of Camera JPEG was pretty sharp already.

I'm still trying to learn how to get the best out of this little monster, but so far so good.

thanks, that's a great shot!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Haven't really tried out the video capabilities that much yet to be able to offer any comment on the noise, but I did find that there is stuttering when recording to the microsd card.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Sunrise on Swan Lake, side by side shot with Nokia Lumia 1520 and Sony Alpha A77 + Sony 20mm/2.8. Both under the same condition and same "fast" post processing.

Nokia Lumia 1520 :
View attachment 59061

Sony Alpha A77 + Sony 20mm/2.8:
View attachment 59062

The Nokia shot has a magenta cast, and that's not too bad, but it can be fixed by adjusting colors. I didn't adjust colors to compare them under the same post processing. That lighting is a big challenge for any camera, the Sony colors are better but that's not exactly accurate either.

WOW the difference between a 'Real' camera and the Lumia really shows on this one.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to cry today:

Lumia 1520:
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/v/ck/YE3Tl5Q/1520.jpg

Note 3:
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/1o/10F/2jy3QhIf/note-3.jpg

I can't believe that L1520 are taking so bad low light photos. -_-
Is it possible to be fixed with some update or we will have good just daylight photos?

I also notice that on the 1520, very disappointed with its low light performance, I don't want to have to fiddle with settings to get a 'Ok' photo, who got time for that? I was just expecting about the same low light performance I got from the 1020 or even the 925. I went with a Note 3 and still haven't found a reason to go back to WP8 (waiting on the 930 to try it out.)

Klemen Nemivsek

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

To make good pictures in low light you need to manualy set shutter speed . Then its possible to make really good pictures .

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Let's see more photos in here... otherwise, I'm going to keep adding mine!

WP_20140301_002.jpg

Last edited:

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

WOW the difference between a 'Real' camera and the Lumia really shows on this one.

New Phone-cameras, including the 1520, are good enough to outcompete compact-cameras. But they have a relatively small sensor, and the lack of interchangeable optic/lens has it's limitations too, specially for long-zoom shots.

Phone-cameras can't compete with dSLRs when it comes to image quality and lens-versatility, yet, but they have a big advantage when it comes to size/bulk and price. You can't carry that Sony A77 camera in your pocket and have a camera on your fingertip all the time. More importantly, that Sony 20mm/2.8 lens costs more than the whole 1520 all by itself.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Early spring with Lumia 1520. Sun is shining, migrating birds are arriving and the ice is melting.
WP_20140321_13_24_42_Raw-edited.jpg

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Pictures / Video taken with your 1520

First Signs of Spring 1080p.jpg

This is a pretty heavily massaged photo that I took this last Sunday in Downtown Minneapolis.

The original was a bracketed shot (-1 EV, 0 EV, +1 EV) taken while enjoying the 1st 60 degree day in Minneapolis in a while, with the 3-shot exposure held steady by bracing it on the wall of the Minneapolis City Hall. Interesting thing was when I got home I noticed one single person crossing the street in red/black jumping out at me in the midst of all the gray/black of what was a fairly overcast day.

The bracketed images were combined for an HDR image using PhotoMatix Essentials and rendered using the surreal filter in the application. Once that was done I pulled the image into Digital Image Suite and washed out everything in the image but the "Lady in Red".

- Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos