Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
re: Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

Big Lake at late vening, First shot with 1520 and Cyan

Big Lake
by Sam_Oslo, on Flickr

Fist impression after first outing with Cyan on 1520: The JPEG engine have been improved with much better Image quality, and the Autofocus is locking focus much faster.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

WP_20140723_15_02_19_Pro.jpg

mattdistro

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

A few weeks ago at work. Using "HDR Photo Camera"

2014_07_08_14_38_31_HDR(1).jpg

I need to take more pictures. I have some amazing ones from my Nexus 5, but nothing good from the 1520 yet.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Two things went wrong. Directional mics wont work well inside car. Auto focus also doesn't work well through windshield. Wanted to share this anyway. I'm gonna make new video with directional mics off and manually set focus so that road is in focus instead of inside of the car.

OIS worked really well and audio sounds distort free. Wind sound was causes by cabin airfans. I'm happy about video quality in general.

Video was recorded at 1080p/25fps
For me it looks like recording 25fps gives better quality video. Much smoother looking

Last edited:

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I will try to capture the Iron Dome in action but if I'll die in the process know that is for this thread 💀
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

I will try to capture the Iron Dome in action but if I'll die in the process know that is for this thread ��
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Never put yourself in harms way for a shot, but keep the war and warmongers out of this thread too.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Never put yourself in harms way for a shot, but keep the war and warmongers out of this thread too.

Dear Sam, I'm not talking about the war or liking it!!! I have a wife and a little baby girl 😊. I just want to capture this amazing technology that save my life every day (with my amazing L1520). Now lets post our photos and leave the war outside. Thank you.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Guys anyone noticed that the picture quality degraded after CYAN?!
it was supposed to become much sharper
but i feel its getting grainier and noisier!!
:S

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Dear Sam, I'm not talking about the war or liking it!!! I have a wife and a little baby girl ��. I just want to capture this amazing technology that save my life every day (with my amazing L1520). Now lets post our photos and leave the war outside. Thank you.

Glorifying wars and war technology will empower warmongers. With increasing wars and violence in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and the rest of region, parallel with Ukraine/Russia crises and China sea disputes, etc, these warmongers are pushing for the start of a BIG war that can easily turn into a thermo nuclear war with cross nuclear retaliation. In case, with todays technology these warmongers will push the whole earth back to stone ages, or even wipe off the whole mankind from the face of the earth.

War and violence can not save your, or others, wife and little baby girl in the long run, no matter how many iron domes or what technology.

Technology is good and great but these war-technologies costs huge sums of money and requires huge resources that could otherwise be used for the good of mankind and creation of welfare, growth and prosperity in peace.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Guys anyone noticed that the picture quality degraded after CYAN?!
it was supposed to become much sharper
but i feel its getting grainier and noisier!!
:S
My first impression after using Cyan in a short while is that Image quality have actually improved with Cyan.

Noise and grainy shot is directly related to ISO-value, and High ISO means noise.
The camera will automatically select a high-ISO in dark environment, you need a good light for a sharp shot in Auto-mode. Otherwise you can select a low ISO manually (ISO=100 for lowest noise and best image quality), but then you may need a tripod to prevent shake in really dark environment.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you can clearly tell even in the viewfinder. Pre Cyan, dark areas were just soft black/shadowed blobs. Now they are littered with grain/noise. That may sound bad, but its actually better. There is at least some detail in the dark/underexposed areas.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

Video and photos are much improved with the Cyan update. I've found I can shoot in much lower light with good results.
The audio is awesome, better than any phone I've ever had. I need to try the 5.1 surround as well as the 24p.
It was night time when I shot this but it help up well.

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Video and photos are much improved with the Cyan update. I've found I can shoot in much lower light with good results.

The audio is awesome, better than any phone I've ever had. I need to try the 5.1 surround as well as the 24p.

It was night time when I shot this but it help up well.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F102416064&token=cOGCXT4I

Great footage + good music =A good time. Have you played the footage on a larger screen yet?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, now I'm kinda wishing this phone had mini HDMI out so I could just plug it into my stereo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo