Use the 1520 as an ATT pre-paid Go Phone?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone will work on any MVNO that uses ATT towers. I have Aio and should have my nano sim in the mail today.

I'd also like to point out that being throttled to 3g is better than paying an overage fee.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me for being somewhat dense here, but this phone locked to AT&T should work on an AT&T MVNO right? Or is there some goofy agreement that they can't be used on an MVNO (a la Sprint).
Thinking about buying this off contract and going H2O or ST/Net10. Thanks.

Yes, an AT&T locked phone will work fine on AT&T MVNO's. My wife & I are on Net10 AT&T. Although we both have unlocked phones now, I've used AT&T locked phones before and they work perfectly.

wintrmte

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Is this possible? If so, could I port my current number to the Go Phone SIM card so I don't have to change numbers? Looks like you can get 2GB data/month for $60 or 3 GB for $70. If not, I guess I'll wait to see if there is an unlocked version on Rogers so I can use with T-Mobile. No confirmation on that yet though.

Mine is on the gophone plan and it works perfectly. One thing though, if you do end up needing a microcell for your house due to poor coverage, you won't be able to use one. The microcell only works with post paid accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The phone will work on any MVNO that uses ATT towers. I have Aio and should have my nano sim in the mail today.

I'd also like to point out that being throttled to 3g is better than paying an overage fee.

I just joined on to AIO about a week ago moving over from NET10. I'm using a 920 now that is a developer model but I was looking at the 1520 recently and really like the looks of it. Just to double check on what you said, so I should be able to get the 1520 from ATT store, take it to AIO and get the sum from them, plot it in and it should work even with the phone not "unlocked"?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just joined on to AIO about a week ago moving over from NET10. I'm using a 920 now that is a developer model but I was looking at the 1520 recently and really like the looks of it. Just to double check on what you said, so I should be able to get the 1520 from ATT store, take it to AIO and get the sum from them, plot it in and it should work even with the phone not "unlocked"?

Yup. Just take your AT&T 1520 and put an AIO SIM card in it. You'll be all set.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My 920 was never unlocked, and it worked just fine on Aio. My 1520 is the international version, so I have no issues now, other than going over HSPA.

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a 1520 from the Microsoft store and got it this week. All set up on AIO and everything appears fine. Loving this phone!

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is on the gophone plan and it works perfectly. One thing though, if you do end up needing a microcell for your house due to poor coverage, you won't be able to use one. The microcell only works with post paid accounts.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My pre-paid phone works fine with the Microcell at my place, and with my friends @his place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium