Red Lumia 1520

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Well it's only phone I don't think it looks girlish. I'm tempted to get 1520 as well because of the screen its so big and full hd 😍 even I have 925 at the moment but I wouldn't mind having 2 phones 😎

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Not at ALL
I had a Red Lumia 920 back then, People used to look at me as a celebrity when ever i popped it out.
I guess Red 1520 is glossy, it resembles Ferrari Red. 1 Word i got from many people who saw my phone was SEXY....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually going back to red. My Lumia 920 was red. I had the red 8x as well.

I then got a yellow 920 and later 1020 in yellow and honestly despite the attention it attracts I actually hate this yellow phone.

Nucking Futs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've always thought a red sports car looks good.

My weekend toy is the same color (1st time buying a red one too) so that's part of the reason why I'm biased towards it. All of my previous phones have been black so figured it was time for a change. Still haven't seen the gloss red in person but the guy at the Microsoft Store kiosk here in Dallas said it looks just like the shade of gloss red on a Lumia 920 so if I can find one at an AT&T store before Friday then do that to get a good picture of what it'll look like.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I usually choose black, this time I chose Red for the 1520.
I am going to put it in a black case anyway, should look nice with the red edges showing.
A confident secure man can sport any color he wants to.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that matters is if you like it, I went with yellow this time since no cyan. My wife has a yellow 920 I have come to like it almost as much as my cyan one. So who cares what someone else thinks about it if you like then proudly sport that red all day everyday.

Nucking Futs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Only reason I'm reluctant is because the red might be distracting (at least for me) when viewing full screen videos similar to a white iPad/iPhone's bezel like on my wife's iPhone. But then again, red with a black flip cover would look nice.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Faded, no. Scratched, yes.

I had a glossy white Lumia 900, got really scratched and scuffed easily.
Then I went black for the 822, and now matte yellow for the 1520 because it reminded me of the interior on my old HTC Aria. o_O

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Nope, the glossy red 1520 looks as manly as a red 1972 Mustang or red 1969 Camaro.

1972 Mustang
1972-Mustang-A230.jpg

1969 Camaro
camaro1969WA3921.jpg

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's only girly if you think it is. Get what YOU want. I also usually get black, but it's getting boring. I didn't want red because I don't like the glossy finish. I didn't want white, fearing it would get dirty too easily, so I went with yellow. We'll see how that goes. Either way, enjoy YOUR Lumia 1520!

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
welp, it is the color that i am getting for my wife...so...:)

But didn't you 'rage quit'? ... so...

Anyway, red isn't girly. The entire term is just a label, and the phone is just a phone. I doubt one's gender would be questioned based on a red phone.:amaze:

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
But didn't you 'rage quit'? ... so...

Anyway, red isn't girly. The entire term is just a label, and the phone is just a phone. I doubt one's gender would be questioned based on a red phone.:amaze:
Not yet but I will if I don't get our phones on time.

I like Microsoft products in general but I don't tolerate shenanigans with my hard earned dough. As a consumer the only power we have is to speak with our wallets. This was the same reason I took my 4 phone plan and moved to At&t from Sprint after being a loyal customer for over 10 years. It is inexcusable for a company like Microsoft to screw the pooch when dealing with logistics. Maybe they should have released the product early instead of on the same day as the xbox one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon