Some low light samples

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 Low Light Camera Samples

These are fullres photos and are taken all with 800-ISO. For me those look bit blurry, but oversampling should improve thinks. Looks like there is too much noise reduction that blurs image. My 920 low light shots look sharper actually, but 1520 images shows more detail. That is because i can shoot with quite low ISO on my 920. I'm excited to make head to head comparison when i get my 1520.

I did not expected stellar low light images from 1520 since it have 2.4f aperture. Maybe it possible shoot with slower shutter speeds with improved OIS to narrow gap for 920. Hopefully that is just photographer not paying too much attention to hold phone steady.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My initial thought on the first images I saw was the NR was too high. Edge sharpness was good but textured details looked too smoothed out.

Perhaps the engineers are busy shooting resolution charts and not real world textured surfaces?

At least there will be raw formats available. It would be nice if the pro camera will eventually allowed us to tweak the processing.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I can live with the photo low light but the video is horrible for a high end, day is fine but indoor and night are full of noise, tweeting them about it (also picked up in reviews)

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just seeing if anyone has got in touch with Nokia about the poor low light videos....the noise! the more that do then the faster they will look into it. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon