Official My Lumia 1520 shipped Thread

lafrede

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordered White L1520 on 11/13 shipping date 11/18-11/19 today is the 20th. Called AT&T to inquire about phone, they told me that they did not have any white L1520 in the warehouse and it would ship when some come in (ok when is that?). I cancelled order asap and waiting on confirmation. How can you have people pre-order stuff that you don't have in stock at the warehouse to ship out in the first place. So everyone who ordered a white L1520 you may be waiting for a long time. Hopefully it cancels so I can go to the AT&T store to pick one up on release day. I hate you right now AT&T. If I could get this phone from Verizon I would switch today.

lafrede

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got this bad news, looks like I will be waiting till sometime next week before I see this phone. I will hate you AT&T until I get my phone and then all will be forgiven until next time, But lesson learned.
Dear ,

The recent request to cancel preorder xxxxxxxxxx for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Matte White) was unsuccessful.

Thank you,

The Premier Team

Jennifer Dubon

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got this bad news, looks like I will be waiting till sometime next week before I see this phone. I will hate you AT&T until I get my phone and then all will be forgiven until next time, But lesson learned.
Dear ,

The recent request to cancel preorder xxxxxxxxxx for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Matte White) was unsuccessful.

Thank you,

The Premier Team

I feel your pain buddy. Guess we're in the same boat right now.... stuck in this mess till next week. ugh.. Stay Strong guys!

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Weirdest thing just happened... AFTER I canceled my preorder with MS store over the phone this morning, my bank account got charged.... So I called them again and was told that something with my cancellation must have gone wrong, since the order is still "in process", will ship today overnight and should arrive tomorrow... I should get an email confirming this shortly... I told the guy that if I do not have an email with a tracking number by 5:00pm today, I will just advice my bank to not authorize the charge and hope that that will help to cancel the order... getting the phone tomorrow after all would be good news, but the amount of time I spent finding out what the heck is going on with the order and the fact that the cancellation of the order was not a cancellation after all is quite concerning... those are corporations for heaven's sake, not small shops down the road.... they should know how things are done.

chris6mafia

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an ATT rep and was able to cancel my order. She did confirm that yellow, white, and red versions are in back order until further notice! Hoping to pick one up tomorrow at a MS store. Good luck y'all!

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Weirdest thing just happened... AFTER I canceled my preorder with MS store over the phone this morning, my bank account got charged.... So I called them again and was told that something with my cancellation must have gone wrong, since the order is still "in process", will ship today overnight and should arrive tomorrow... I should get an email confirming this shortly... I told the guy that if I do not have an email with a tracking number by 5:00pm today, I will just advice my bank to not authorize the charge and hope that that will help to cancel the order... getting the phone tomorrow after all would be good news, but the amount of time I spent finding out what the heck is going on with the order and the fact that the cancellation of the order was not a cancellation after all is quite concerning... those are corporations for heaven's sake, not small shops down the road.... they should know how things are done.

Interesting, I am still seeing no movement on my order. Is there anyone else with an order from MS that is showing a change or shipping today?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I am still seeing no movement on my order. Is there anyone else with an order from MS that is showing a change or shipping today?

My order did not show up at the store site after I cancelled this morning. Now it is back again... still shows "in progress" as it did before... if there was a contest how to confuse the heck out of people, they surely would win...I will update if anything happens...

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I originally pre-ordered a red one on 11/12 through MS but cancelled on 11/18 and decided to go through AT&T as I wasn't very interested in the "free accessories". I went to my local AT&T store on 11/19 and they were able to match the online price and I opted to go with the matte white after seeing Daniel's review on here. It is still preparing to ship and the estimated ship date is 11/22-11/26. It's just very frustrating to me to read on here that they don't have white, red, or yellow in their warehouse, yet if you look on the product page it says a white one will ship today.

I may have to inquire with AT&T and see if I can't light a fire under their ***..

Edit: I just did a live chat with an AT&T rep and she told me they were receiving their stock of the white phones today and they should be shipping tomorrow. I'm not too sure on that but we'll see. I may just go to a store tomorrow and see if they have a white one and buy it and send the pre-order back.

Last edited:

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

She did confirm that yellow, white, and red versions are in back order until further notice! Hoping to pick one up tomorrow at a MS store. Good luck y'all!

steve-ballmer-facepalm.jpg

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
att better overnight ship these damn preorders! They better hold to their launch day, because I think we all want our phones to arrive before thanksgiving, it would be very frustrating if it didn't. I also need this phone before next weekend, and they can't seem to ship the phone, damn you att!

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with MS. They are saying it goes out today that I should get tracking information before the day is over. Even had a rep say they will personally keep an eye on my order. They said the system isn't updating because XBOX One orders are overload it.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with MS. They are saying it goes out today that I should get tracking information before the day is over. Even had a rep say they will personally keep an eye on my order. They said the system isn't updating because XBOX One orders are overload it.
That reflects what they told me. Now. let's hope this is the reality and not just a talk track they all read from a piece of paper :) Please keep us posted. I will do the same... Can't wait for the first "MS store order SHIPPED" post here.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
what color did you order?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That would be great news, except my credit card payment still says "pending" on my card's website. Having said that, however, I have been told by 3 different Microsoft reps that I will have my white 1520 in my hands on the 22nd. Hate to get my hopes up, but it's kind of hard not to when I have three sources telling me the same thing. Feeling cautiously hopeful.

JD_Morecraft

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Just walked into the Microsoft Store here and asked about picking one up tomorrow, they said give me $25 and we will reserve it for you.

They also said that Yellow showed up on their inventory today (not in stock, but they will be getting soon).

In store orders still get all the extras and dont have to get a white cover, I can get black or whatever color I want.

anon(415336)

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My card still says pending too. Sometimes, even after I've been charged, it'll take a couple days to "clear"...or the pending means that they haven't charged your card yet.
Super scumbag xbox one...hell when you call the MS store, the first thing you hear is about xbox one pre-orders to try and stem the tide of incessant "XBOX ORDER WEIRD HALP" calls. I tried to call MS at lunch, but I couldn't wait 1:41 on hold...so I picked the "call me back option". Going to see if at least I can get the same info that everybody else is getting now of "You will receive on launch day...system being clogged by xbox nerds" and that sometime tonight before I close my eyes, I get a shipping e-mail from them. Will update to confirm hopefully the same ol' same ol'.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just walked into the Microsoft Store here and asked about picking one up tomorrow, they said give me $25 and we will reserve it for you.

They also said that Yellow showed up on their inventory today (not in stock, but they will be getting soon).

In store orders still get all the extras and dont have to get a white cover, I can get black or whatever color I want.

Problem is they also don't know how many they'll get. My local MS store also said they could pre-order, but there were already a lot of pre-orders in, and couldn't guarantee there would be any left over. There might be... but who knows.

So in other words, it sounds like they follow the same policy as the web store and AT&T. Take all the money you can get from customers, worry about delivering the product later.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope it ships tomorrow. that would make up for all this non sense.

I just spent way to long on the phone with at&t. If you had the white you should get yours they told me it was in stock and if I switched my yellow to that it would ship this afternoon or first thing in the morning. However if you got yellow or red they are showing in there system as being out of stock. They said could be more in as early as tomorrow or sometime next week. Lol I said that doesn't help with a time frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb