Official My Lumia 1520 shipped Thread

Jennifer Dubon

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just spent way to long on the phone with at&t. If you had the white you should get yours they told me it was in stock and if I switched my yellow to that it would ship this afternoon or first thing in the morning. However if you got yellow or red they are showing in there system as being out of stock. They said could be more in as early as tomorrow or sometime next week. Lol I said that doesn't help with a time frame.
Thanks Jonathan Sink, got my hopes back up from the mild state it was in. Looking forward to getting my white phone soon.! ^_^

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
So if we got standard shipping from MS store we are pretty much guaranteed not to get it until next week late? Where do these things ship from? And does saturday count as a shipping day?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I just spent way to long on the phone with at&t. If you had the white you should get yours they told me it was in stock and if I switched my yellow to that it would ship this afternoon or first thing in the morning. However if you got yellow or red they are showing in there system as being out of stock. They said could be more in as early as tomorrow or sometime next week. Lol I said that doesn't help with a time frame.

I preordered yellow early, hoping, it comes tomorrow, but probably next week. Such bs from att

anon(415336)

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I received the automated callback from MS but I was placed on hold and I just hung up after a few minutes of that...I will try again after I get off, assuming there's no interceding shipping e-mail. I am an honest believer now in the possibility that all the Xbox One hype is totally messing with their systems...both for orders, processing and even CS reps. I bet that if/when I talk to somebody, I'll be the first non-Xbox caller they've spoken to in awhile.
Will update...
Any other people have luck?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in the Xbox excuse, considering the phone orders are done by a different company, not MS. What was the excuse for the 1020 fiasco?

bjerry101

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Damn those Xbox One pre-orders lol... They should have released the Xbox One on Dec. I pre-order mine(black) from Microsoft sometime before the 16th with overnight shipping. My credit card got charged (pending) on the 16th. So I feel all your frustration but lets try to keep our blood pressure between 80-120 :-D.
Any update?... anyone?

Last edited:

json jett

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I was wrong. I entered my existing phone (Lumia 1020) number because it is the primary account number. I saw "Shipped," but that referred to the 1020. For the 1520, I am still at "Preparing to Ship" with an estimated shipping date between 11/20 and 11/22...

JD_Morecraft

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Problem is they also don't know how many they'll get. My local MS store also said they could pre-order, but there were already a lot of pre-orders in, and couldn't guarantee there would be any left over. There might be... but who knows.

So in other words, it sounds like they follow the same policy as the web store and AT&T. Take all the money you can get from customers, worry about delivering the product later.

The word "guaranteed" came out of three peoples mouths several times. If I do not have a phone at the store tomorrow, I will be one PISSED off M EFFER in the store tomorrow.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So if we got standard shipping from MS store we are pretty much guaranteed not to get it until next week late? Where do these things ship from? And does saturday count as a shipping day?

I chose standard shipping and they say I will have it tomorrow. I still have no tracking number or charge so I will believe it when I see it.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I just completely got lied to by a MS store chat agent....

I was told that they charged my account, but it has not settled yet, because their servers are backed up.
I was told that I only didn't get a tracking number because the system is backed up...
I was told that I will have the phone tomorrow.

Well, my bank shows no charge at all.
I called UPS to check if they received anything with my name on it and they told me they haven't received an major amounts of phone shipments from Microsoft today, but that I am not the only one asking about it.

I was also told that a cancellation can take up to 72 hours to become effective, so ATT would not be able to upgrade my line in the store, because there might already be an upgrade registered on the line I was using...

I printed the whole chat exchange, because I will not just take this....

Maybe I should just look at a Galaxy Note?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Except MS isn't handling the phone orders, and this is no different than the 1020 launch. Everyone who preordered from MS either cancelled, or had to wait a week or more for their phone. The xbox launch has nothing to do with this.

Jennifer Dubon

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
As an owner of multiple iPhones of everyone of there releases since 2007 I have seen stuff like this go on a lot when servers are loaded because of orders. I have seen it happen at apple, verizon and AT&T.

My card was charged on Monday, I didn't receive anything as far as tracking numbers or a change in order status but I would not be surprised one bit if it shows up on my doorstep tomorrow with none of that info changing. Poor on there part? Yes, but all these xbox orders processing is like an iPhone launch and will mess everything up.
This is exactly what im thinking will happen to my order. I've had no changes or update from att where i ordered, but i am very much expecting this phone sometime tomorrow.

Wayne_Li

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Something strange happened.
My order used to be "Expected shipping: 11/22-11/25";
But just moments ago, I checked the website and it was "Expected shipping: Pending confirmation".

Ordered White on ATT on 11/17. Not sure when will it be shipped ...

Update: It's shipped! What a surprise! Will get it by tomorrow morning ~

Last edited:

samk2099

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Good news. Ordered white and my order status finally changed to shipped. Will be here tomorrow. I didn't get an email, found out when I went to att site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans