Official My Lumia 1520 shipped Thread

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The word "guaranteed" came out of three peoples mouths several times. If I do not have a phone at the store tomorrow, I will be one PISSED off M EFFER in the store tomorrow.

I'm with ya buddy! I just called the online MS store and cancelled my pre-order. No questions asked. Drove on down to the local MS store, pre-ordered one there with all the same free stuff (plus a free game), and that's it. The manager said there should be plenty to pick up tomorrow.

The issue was before when I called the local "store" was that I got their call center that answers calls for the store. Weird. Obviously they didn't know what they were talking about and sounded confused. Once transferred to the in-store manager, he definitely seemed to know what was going on. Or at least I shall verify tomorrow.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Ordered on the 12th. Still says estimated shipping is 15-19. Chatted to an ATT rep, and she said they were backordered. *sigh*

Better check your text messages for the dreaded delay in shipping message. I received it, too. Online status still shows preparing for shipping. : (

ChillyBruh

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Better check your text messages for the dreaded delay in shipping message. I received it, too. Online status still shows preparing for shipping. : (
Hm...I haven't received the message yet but I know it's true because of the customer support. What I don't understand is why this isn't reflected on the product page. Like if I go to "order it", and specifically click the yellow color, it still says "Your Yellow Lumia 1520 will ship on November 21, 2013".

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hm...I haven't received the message yet but I know it's true because of the customer support. What I don't understand is why this isn't reflected on the product page. Like if I go to "order it", and specifically click the yellow color, it still says "Your Yellow Lumia 1520 will ship on November 21, 2013".

Right? You would think they would update that; otherwise, people will be ordering the phone expecting it to ship out today.

Rhyno811

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ordered yellow on 11/8. Still has not shipped. AT&T is about to lose a customer.

Tried to cancel the order, they said

"Dear ,

The recent request to cancel preorder for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Matte Yellow) was unsuccessful.

Order Number
Master order number:

Item For
Wireless number:
Wireless user:

Thank you,

The Premier Team
"

Hey AT&T, go FU.CK yourself.

I called retension and had them cancel my order for my yellow 1520. I also had an order with microsoft that I canceled. There are over 500 units on back order and a 1000 nano sim back ordered ( per the retension rep). FYI I spent 2 hours on the phone with at&t today. Out of 5 local stores only one has any 1520's and they are black or red. The stores said that at&t fulfills home shipping orders before supplying stores with stock. Retension gave me a credit of the difference I have to pay from store to site, so I'm just gonna get a black one tomorrow morning. Last time I preorder through them again.. this happened with my 920 last year too (took about 10 days to get it!). Hope this helps.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing on my MS order. I am going to wait till my UPS runs at work (That's where I am having it delivers) if it no shows I will be taking my two chat transcripts showing I was told I would have it on launch day see what MS will give me for broken promises.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I think my Yellow's order status of a 25th-27th ship date is what other yellows should expect, But I hope it gets out sooner then that. Maybe AT&T will give us a case or something for our troubles!

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well its official, I'm not getting my phone tomorrow. Just got this email.
"Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business"

I ordered day one at 10am so I am betting no one who ordered from MS is getting their phone tomorrow.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well. You live and learn. After jumping on the Microsoft Store deal back on November 11th, I finally got an email update. And, after pulling the huge shaft out of my *** that Microsoft gave to me instead of the new phone I had purchased, I now know that my new, white Lumia 1520 has been delayed due to "overwhelming demand". Kind of hard for me to believe considering that I paid for the device back on the 8th. They politely informed me that they will let me know just as soon as the phone ships...but they failed to give me an estimate of when that might be. And to ease the pain of it all, out of the kindness of their hearts, they gave me $25.00 dollars off of my next Microsoft Store purchase....which will most likely be never. I'm not very mad that the phone is delayed. Stuff like this happens. I am, however, very mad that the shipment was delayed even though I preordered the thing on the first day it could be paid for in order to not be in this situation! Very disappointed.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well its official, I'm not getting my phone tomorrow. Just got this email.
"Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business"

I ordered day one at 10am so I am betting no one who ordered from MS is getting their phone tomorrow.

Same here!

ernescom1

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft jus send me this email

Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.
To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business.

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered My white L1520 at the att store tuesday the 19th, I JUST NOW got the email (10:01 pm, Thursday the 21st) saying that it's been shipped and should be here tomorrow morning :). I guess they are doing overnight shipping with them. I'm excited because this will be my very first windows phone.(currently have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2) And if anyone is wondering i'm in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon