12-12-2013 01:44 PM
94 1234
tools
    I bet the blame is on AT&T I have a feeling the MS orders were supposed to come from the same warehouses as the AT&T orders. I bet AT&T underestimated demand so put MS under the buss. Instead of filling orders first come first served they filled Att.com orders first and ran out of phones. Win, win for AT&T their customer are happy, MS customers cancel their orders and buy directly from AT&T (so they don't have to share revenue from the sale with MS) and in the future more people preorder from them. All along MS employees are working under the perception that AT&T holds up their end of the deal and delivers.
    11-21-2013 10:20 PM
    I bet the blame is on AT&T I have a feeling the MS orders were supposed to come from the same warehouses as the AT&T orders. I bet AT&T underestimated demand so put MS under the buss. Instead of filling orders first come first served they filled Att.com orders first and ran out of phones. Win, win for AT&T their customer are happy, MS customers cancel their orders and buy directly from AT&T (so they don't have to share revenue from the sale with MS) and in the future more people preorder from them. All along MS employees are working under the perception that AT&T holds up their end of the deal and delivers.
    might very well be the case. But wouldn't you think that someone at MS wouldn't have picked up the phone after more and more people contacted support and asked AT&T what the hell their problem is?
    11-21-2013 10:27 PM
    I got the same e-mail as everyone else, I put my order in on the 9th so it seems like everyone including the guys who ordered early got delayed.

Luckily I didn't receive any run around when it came to canceling my order. I was able to cancel it through the Live chat the moment the website came back from it's crash. I've already received my confirmation e-mails about the canceled order so that's settled.

Now I'm going to try my luck at the brick and mortar stores tomorrow morning. It's funny how hard you have to work, just to throw $600 at a company sometimes.
    reuben9000 likes this.
    11-21-2013 10:29 PM
    Canceling my order right now to help MS solve their demand issue... Maybe everyone should do that...
    Dave Blake likes this.
    11-21-2013 10:39 PM
    I'm on hold right now canceling my order. I'm sure the wait time is going to be astronomically long in order to break my will to cancel the order.
    11-21-2013 10:51 PM
    What the Microsoft $25 off email says:

[INFO]Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also
    track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business.

To get your $25 off just follow these easy steps:
    [/INFO]

What it should say:

[NOTE]Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store. (Sucker)

Because of overwhelming demand, for XBOX One your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. Because we really don't care when you get your Nokia we don't own them yet. As soon as we get done shipping XBones and take a break your shipping label might get printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information some time next week maybe. You can also
    track your order on our site so quit calling our CS reps they are busy handling XBone sales.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know your business is only worth around $25 to us. The profit margin on an XBone is much higher.That's how much we appreciate your business. Screw you we don't care when you get your stupid phone.

To get your $25 off just follow these easy steps:
    [/NOTE]
    11-21-2013 11:02 PM
    That about sums it up.
    11-21-2013 11:04 PM
    So, just got an email from MS. They said due to overwhelming demand, I won't be receiving my L1520 till later and that to make it right, they gave are giving me a coupon code for $25 off of my next MS Store purchase (will there even be a next purchase after this fiasco???). Funny thing is, I ordered my L1520 on 11/8, the first day they had it up for pre-orders. So, who exactly is getting their orders fulfilled to create such an overwhelming demand that they can't fill a first day pre-order? Or did they really not get enough stock to fulfill even first day pre-orders? This is kind of ridiculous.

Edit: Exact words from email:

Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business.
    I just got the same email and I ordered mine on the 8th too. This is not a good look for MS.
    11-21-2013 11:12 PM
    I got my Lumia 1520.

After canceling my online order, I called up my nearest brick and mortar Microsoft Store and asked if they would have any 1520s in stock the following morning. They said yes, and that I could even come get one at the Xbox midnight launch release if I was willing to show up at midnight. So I went to the store about 10 mins before midnight but the line was already maybe 150-200 people deep. I explained to one of the Microsoft Store employees baby sitting the line that I was there for the phone and not the Xbox, and after being daisy chained up their command line, a manager let me walk up to the register and pick a phone to purchase. Took only a few mins, and nobody on the Xbox line seemed upset that they let me cut the whole line. By 12:15am I was already in my car sitting in the parking lot, playing with my new phone.

So I will say, while the online portion of Microsoft's store kind of screwed me. The retail guys have once again proven to be top marks in my book. I purchased a tablet from them about a year ago, and they opened the store early for me so that I wouldn't have to come back later when they were actually open. I was there about 1.5hrs before opening hours.
    Last edited by Lumia Jack; 11-22-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    11-22-2013 02:58 AM
    A story with a happy ending.
    11-22-2013 10:46 AM
    Does anyone know if all Microsoft retail stores offer the "Next" program for ATT? Or is it a online/corporate store deal only? Thanks in advance
    11-22-2013 11:10 AM
    Does anyone know if all Microsoft retail stores offer the "Next" program for ATT? Or is it a online/corporate store deal only? Thanks in advance
    I think it has to be done through AT&T
    chris6mafia likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:28 AM
    I got the same email last night and used chat to cancel my order with Microsoft. I picked one up at an ATT store this morning. I was worried for a while because the salesperson said they didn't have any nano sims but fortunately they found one.

The phone is awesome!
    11-22-2013 11:30 AM
    The problem is in certain brick and mortar stores as well! I preordered one and when I call to confirm that my preorder is available they tell me that the shipment of white(my chosen color) and yellow are almost two weeks late (supposed to be there on the 1th)! They don't even call anyone to track late shipments until they are two weeks late.

So, not only did they not tell me when I preordered that the devices were already late, they won't even begin to try to track them down until Monday? Horrible planning. So my choices are now to try and get a black or red one, cancel and go to ATT, or just wait an undisclosed amount of time. How is that any way to conduct business?
    11-22-2013 12:25 PM
    I got the same email last night and used chat to cancel my order with Microsoft. I picked one up at an ATT store this morning. I was worried for a while because the salesperson said they didn't have any nano sims but fortunately they found one.

The phone is awesome!
    I just did the same. They wouldn't cancel the order over chat, but referred me to a direct number, which didn't take long at all. My biggest disappointment was not getting a white version, but I think the black will be a nice change of pace for me after all the yellows and whites I've been sporting. So far only one negative on the phone, and it's the buttons. The feel is a big step back from the 1020. Mushy, especially the camera button (yes, I know it's two stage).
    11-22-2013 12:39 PM
    You can cancel your pre-order on live chat, I did it. When they referred me to a direct number I told them "I was told the lines are busy and that I can cancel my pre-order here". Nobody really told me that but it's true their lines are busy today.
    11-22-2013 01:16 PM
    Microsoft is messed up. I cancelled my order last night and I just got emails stating they couldn't cancel the order before it shipped today. Then they sent an email with instructions on how to return it. You'd think the biggest software company in the world would be a little better organized than this.
    11-22-2013 03:00 PM
    MS just told me it might ship today or that I might still get it today. They can't even give a clear answer. All the stores around me are out so my best bet is just to leave the order and see what happens.
    11-22-2013 04:10 PM
    Just got an email from MS with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers....

but only for the flip case and the $50 Windows Store Gift Card.
    11-22-2013 04:21 PM
    Just got an email from MS with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers....

but only for the flip case and the $50 Windows Store Gift Card.
    Odd. I wonder if they are hopeing haveing the GWP in our hands will buy them some good will.

When did you place your order?
    11-22-2013 04:26 PM
    Odd. I wonder if they are hopeing haveing the GWP in our hands will buy them some good will.

When did you place your order?
    Placed my order online with MS on 11/8.
    11-22-2013 04:31 PM
    Placed my order online with MS on 11/8.
    okay thanks. That's when I ordered also so hopefully I'll see an email soon.
    11-22-2013 04:40 PM
    Just got my ups schedule delivery for tomorrow. I knew there was a food reason for that!
    11-22-2013 04:45 PM
    Just got my ups schedule delivery for tomorrow. I knew there was a food reason for that!
    when did you order? I still have nothing. :(
    11-22-2013 05:38 PM
    8th about 3pm est
    11-22-2013 06:02 PM
94 1234