MS store shipping update

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Pretty crappy of them if we don't receive our phones the 22nd. My card was charged on Monday for it and I full expected to have a tracking number by Wednesday night. Still nothing...

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Chatting with MS now. They are saying it goes out today that I should get tracking information before the day is over. Even had a rep say they will personally keep an eye on my order. They said the system isn't updating because XBOX One orders are overload it.

Last edited:

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
second higher level rep I was transferred to gave me new information see my update post above.

I hope so and thank you for your report. I am about to contact the rep I was working with. Is your rep from "SUTHERLANDGLOBAL" that is the domain of the email address of the rep I am dealing with.

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
That is shockingly absurd. When I pre-ordered my Surface 2, I got it on Oct 21, exactly one day before the official release. Would be nice if AT&T did the same for the 1520...

cwinger

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered on the 8th the moment it went live through MS. They charged my account last Saturday. Somehow today the money went back in and no shipping has been done. So, baring another Lumia 920 disaster where I did not get the phone until a week after launch, I just called into cancel. Took 90 minutes of hold time to get someone and she stated my card still may get charged.

As someone whom has spent $7,000.00 on MS hardware including every Surface PRO, RT, Nokia Highend Phone, XBox and even several HTC Windows phones, I am as bitter as it gets. Just continuous bad customer service. SO MUCH that it is questioning why I have been so dedicated to Windows Phone and Windows 8. I work in a high up position at a competitor and have always defended MS in every way. I am just furious right now. Maybe I should sell my 1020, my surface pro 2 and not pick up the 1520. Maybe its back to Google for me and ill save a boat load of money. I have a Note 3 here that came on time and didnt give me this stress!

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered on the 8th the moment it went live through MS. They charged my account last Saturday. Somehow today the money went back in and no shipping has been done. So, baring another Lumia 920 disaster where I did not get the phone until a week after launch, I just called into cancel. Took 90 minutes of hold time to get someone and she stated my card still may get charged.

As someone whom has spent $7,000.00 on MS hardware including every Surface PRO, RT, Nokia Highend Phone, XBox and even several HTC Windows phones, I am as bitter as it gets. Just continuous bad customer service. SO MUCH that it is questioning why I have been so dedicated to Windows Phone and Windows 8. I work in a high up position at a competitor and have always defended MS in every way. I am just furious right now. Maybe I should sell my 1020, my surface pro 2 and not pick up the 1520. Maybe its back to Google for me and ill save a boat load of money. I have a Note 3 here that came on time and didnt give me this stress!

I feel you on this. I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome, Microsoft keeps kicking me and I keep buying their stuff while defending them to any who would listen. However, this time I am leaving and when I do, I am gone for good! If they want to build loyalty they have to do better than this! I emailed my rep an hr ago and she haven't responded yet and my order status hasn't changed.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The difference between preordering the surface or Xbox is that MS doesn't handle the phone sales, its a 3rd party company. I'm honestly not sure why we continue to preorder phones from MS. They are ALWAYS delivered days after the official release date, and they are ALWAYS available in the MS physical store, or at an AT&T. We aren't talking about the iPhone after all...

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The difference between preordering the surface or Xbox is that MS doesn't handle the phone sales, its a 3rd party company. I'm honestly not sure why we continue to preorder phones from MS. They are ALWAYS delivered days after the official release date, and they are ALWAYS available in the MS physical store, or at an AT&T. We aren't talking about the iPhone after all...

This was my first and last time pre-ordering anything from Microsoft. Fool me once....

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The store now says "ships when available" for the 1520.

That could either mean immediately or mean they don't have any and it will ship when they do. How unhelpful.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I just completely got lied to by a MS store chat agent....

I was told that they charged my account, but it has not settled yet, because their servers are backed up.
I was told that I only didn't get a tracking number because the system is backed up...
I was told that I will have the phone tomorrow.

Well, my bank shows no charge at all.
I called UPS to check if they received anything with my name on it and they told me they haven't received an major amounts of phone shipments from Microsoft today, but that I am not the only one asking about it.

I was also told that a cancellation can take up to 72 hours to become effective, so ATT would not be able to upgrade my line in the store, because there might already be an upgrade registered on the line I was using...
Maybe I should just look at a Galaxy Note?

I printed the whole chat exchange, because I will not just take this....

DoubleDrive

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same runaround.... :angry:

Microsoft Store Order says "In Process"
ATT knows nothing about my order
My credit card does not have a hold, charge or even a blip from the MS Store

Online Chat dude says "the phone is in the warehouse and waiting for UPS to pickup"
I say, "Great! What's the tracking number?"
Online Chat dude says "We don't have one yet"
I say, "Wait, if it is waiting to be picked up, wouldn't you have charged my card?"
Online Chat dude says "It was charged on the 8th"
I say "Bull****" There are charges before and after the 8th on my card, nothing from MS and it would be there by now, especially if it it on the way to me"
Online Chat dude says "Let me look again..."
Online Chat dude signs off....

I call in to the MS Store
Wait on hold for 32 minutes
Get Phone Queue dude... He says "Oh, it won't ship until the 22nd"
I say "Bull****... website said it would arrive on the 22nd"
I ask if my card has been charged?
Phone Queue dude says "No... it won't be until it ships"
I say "Someone is lying to me and as an employee and shareholder, this really pisses me off"
I canceled my order, printed out the original order and I'm going to raise Stone Cold Steve Austin on crack like hell tomorrow at the store.

As a support division employee, this makes me very sad... :(

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just completely got lied to by a MS store chat agent....

I was told that they charged my account, but it has not settled yet, because their servers are backed up.
I was told that I only didn't get a tracking number because the system is backed up...
I was told that I will have the phone tomorrow.

Well, my bank shows no charge at all.
I called UPS to check if they received anything with my name on it and they told me they haven't received an major amounts of phone shipments from Microsoft today, but that I am not the only one asking about it.

I was also told that a cancellation can take up to 72 hours to become effective, so ATT would not be able to upgrade my line in the store, because there might already be an upgrade registered on the line I was using...
Maybe I should just look at a Galaxy Note?

I printed the whole chat exchange, because I will not just take this....
This is a classic example of a good deal going wrong.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just spent 55 min on hold only to have the guy tell me the same thing as the website is showing and also to tell me the tracking info will come later. MyUPS shows nothing on its way to my house and the charge is still in a pending status on my credit card (Chase Bank says my card is fine). Needless to say, I've cancelled my order and will take my chances at an AT&T store tomorrow. This is the second time I've tried to preorder a phone (first was a Lumia 920 through AT&T) and both times have failed. I think I've learned my lesson now.... :-/

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My Microsoft order is canceled. If you are holding on to hope that your will get your device tomorrow you wont. Microsoft Store will ship these devices tomorrow on UPS so you will not get your phone until Monday. You only have till Midnight tonight to cancel your order. This from Microsoft Store help page.

[INFO][h=2]Pre-orders[/h]You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-Orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are released. Please Contact Us to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:

• The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
  • The item quantities
  • The shipping method for physical products
Prices for pre-order items are covered by the Pre-order Price Guarantee, which describes what happens if prices change after you purchase a pre-order item. We will occasionally make a pre-order option available for a high demand item before the official price is known. We may provide an "estimated price" in this situation, but we do not guarantee that the estimated price will match the official price when announced. In such instances, you will be charged the official price rather than the estimated price for the item.
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the 30-day return period begins:

• When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account
  • When physical products are shipped
[/INFO]

As you can see once the device is released you can no longer cancel your order.

I stopped at 2 local AT&T stores to check availability. They both had devices available. Ones store told me that all AT&T stores will have at least a few on hand tomorrow. The other store told me that they would only have Black and Red in stock for the launch. To get a White or Yellow you have to go through order fulfillment. They will have to ship it to you.

The Microsoft Store screwed us this time. It wont happen to me again.

Good luck everybody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb