MS store shipping update

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So, just got an email from MS. They said due to overwhelming demand, I won't be receiving my L1520 till later and that to make it right, they gave are giving me a coupon code for $25 off of my next MS Store purchase (will there even be a next purchase after this fiasco???). Funny thing is, I ordered my L1520 on 11/8, the first day they had it up for pre-orders. So, who exactly is getting their orders fulfilled to create such an overwhelming demand that they can't fill a first day pre-order? Or did they really not get enough stock to fulfill even first day pre-orders? This is kind of ridiculous.

Edit: Exact words from email:

Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL... I just got an email from the MS store. The shipping for my 1520 has been delayed and they gave me a free $25 promo code to use at the MS store. I've been reading all these threads and posts and patiently waiting to hear from MS about all this nonsense. I guess I finally have. When I preordered my surface last year, everything went so smoothly and I even got it a day earlier. Oh well, I guess a few more days wouldn't really hurt.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep, same email here.... Ordered on 11/8 as soon as preorders went up... There must have been many people before me.... That is complete BS. Here is what I think: they focused everything on the Xbox and didn't give a flying crap about this phone... If this is how they support the platform, I might as well look somewhere else... And with the email and the chat log I have, MS just confirmed to me that their chat support told me a huge load of crap... Great job!

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
Lol what a joke...same email here. How can a phone that had no demand at all be delayed...

Simple answer... XBOXONE

M$ is willing to annoy a few thousand smartphone addicts so that the multiple thousand XBOXONE purchasers don't miss out. It may seem ridiculous to some, but makes for smart business sense to make sure XBOXONE doesn't fail

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably going to call and cancel tommorow. If they don't let me I will just call discover and they will reverse if.

They even say on the website that your card will not be charged until the device is shipped right? Mine was charged on Monday. ... I don't care even if that's not on the website, I will be in airports for about 6hrs tomorrow, I have plenty of time to kill and try to cancel.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Got the same email. Pretty upsetting.
What's worse is the fact that over the past three days, I spoke with 3 different reps on the phone and 1 rep in chat and was told the exact same thing by them all: "You'll have your device in your hands by Friday evening."
Really bad display by Microsoft on this one.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Simple answer... XBOXONE

M$ is willing to annoy a few thousand smartphone addicts so that the multiple thousand XBOXONE purchasers don't miss out. It may seem ridiculous to some, but makes for smart business sense to make sure XBOXONE doesn't fail

yep... Makes sense... Just not for me... Either you stand behind a platform or you don't. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less... I like WP, but I mostly like the big screen and the L1520 is not the only phone with a large screen. Crippled phones, delayed updates, preorders not being shipped. I've had it with this stuff. I will be traveling all next week and have to now do it with a phone where the camera doesn't work... I'm pissed...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
yep... Makes sense... Just not for me... Either you stand behind a platform or you don't. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less... I like WP, but I mostly like the big screen and the L1520 is not the only phone with a large screen. Crippled phones, delayed updates, preorders not being shipped. I've had it with this stuff. I will be traveling all next week and have to now do it with a phone where the camera doesn't work... I'm pissed...

Really think Microsoft should read your signature quote, leo74. Definitely not a display of excellence on Microsoft's part tonight.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I bet the blame is on AT&T I have a feeling the MS orders were supposed to come from the same warehouses as the AT&T orders. I bet AT&T underestimated demand so put MS under the buss. Instead of filling orders first come first served they filled Att.com orders first and ran out of phones. Win, win for AT&T their customer are happy, MS customers cancel their orders and buy directly from AT&T (so they don't have to share revenue from the sale with MS) and in the future more people preorder from them. All along MS employees are working under the perception that AT&T holds up their end of the deal and delivers.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bet the blame is on AT&T I have a feeling the MS orders were supposed to come from the same warehouses as the AT&T orders. I bet AT&T underestimated demand so put MS under the buss. Instead of filling orders first come first served they filled Att.com orders first and ran out of phones. Win, win for AT&T their customer are happy, MS customers cancel their orders and buy directly from AT&T (so they don't have to share revenue from the sale with MS) and in the future more people preorder from them. All along MS employees are working under the perception that AT&T holds up their end of the deal and delivers.

might very well be the case. But wouldn't you think that someone at MS wouldn't have picked up the phone after more and more people contacted support and asked AT&T what the hell their problem is?

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I got the same e-mail as everyone else, I put my order in on the 9th so it seems like everyone including the guys who ordered early got delayed.

Luckily I didn't receive any run around when it came to canceling my order. I was able to cancel it through the Live chat the moment the website came back from it's crash. I've already received my confirmation e-mails about the canceled order so that's settled.

Now I'm going to try my luck at the brick and mortar stores tomorrow morning. It's funny how hard you have to work, just to throw $600 at a company sometimes.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on hold right now canceling my order. I'm sure the wait time is going to be astronomically long in order to break my will to cancel the order.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What the Microsoft $25 off email says:

[INFO]Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also
track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business.

To get your $25 off just follow these easy steps:
[/INFO]

What it should say:

[NOTE]Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store. (Sucker)

Because of overwhelming demand, for XBOX One your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. Because we really don't care when you get your Nokia we don't own them yet. As soon as we get done shipping XBones and take a break your shipping label might get printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information some time next week maybe. You can also
track your order on our site so quit calling our CS reps they are busy handling XBone sales.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know your business is only worth around $25 to us. The profit margin on an XBone is much higher.That's how much we appreciate your business. Screw you we don't care when you get your stupid phone.

To get your $25 off just follow these easy steps:
[/NOTE]

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So, just got an email from MS. They said due to overwhelming demand, I won't be receiving my L1520 till later and that to make it right, they gave are giving me a coupon code for $25 off of my next MS Store purchase (will there even be a next purchase after this fiasco???). Funny thing is, I ordered my L1520 on 11/8, the first day they had it up for pre-orders. So, who exactly is getting their orders fulfilled to create such an overwhelming demand that they can't fill a first day pre-order? Or did they really not get enough stock to fulfill even first day pre-orders? This is kind of ridiculous.

Edit: Exact words from email:

Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

I just got the same email and I ordered mine on the 8th too. This is not a good look for MS.:unhappy:

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia 1520.

After canceling my online order, I called up my nearest brick and mortar Microsoft Store and asked if they would have any 1520s in stock the following morning. They said yes, and that I could even come get one at the Xbox midnight launch release if I was willing to show up at midnight. So I went to the store about 10 mins before midnight but the line was already maybe 150-200 people deep. I explained to one of the Microsoft Store employees baby sitting the line that I was there for the phone and not the Xbox, and after being daisy chained up their command line, a manager let me walk up to the register and pick a phone to purchase. Took only a few mins, and nobody on the Xbox line seemed upset that they let me cut the whole line. By 12:15am I was already in my car sitting in the parking lot, playing with my new phone.

So I will say, while the online portion of Microsoft's store kind of screwed me. The retail guys have once again proven to be top marks in my book. I purchased a tablet from them about a year ago, and they opened the store early for me so that I wouldn't have to come back later when they were actually open. I was there about 1.5hrs before opening hours.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss