MS store shipping update

chris6mafia

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if all Microsoft retail stores offer the "Next" program for ATT? Or is it a online/corporate store deal only? Thanks in advance

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email last night and used chat to cancel my order with Microsoft. I picked one up at an ATT store this morning. I was worried for a while because the salesperson said they didn't have any nano sims but fortunately they found one.

The phone is awesome!

BMCgts

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The problem is in certain brick and mortar stores as well! I preordered one and when I call to confirm that my preorder is available they tell me that the shipment of white(my chosen color) and yellow are almost two weeks late (supposed to be there on the 1th)! They don't even call anyone to track late shipments until they are two weeks late.

So, not only did they not tell me when I preordered that the devices were already late, they won't even begin to try to track them down until Monday? Horrible planning. So my choices are now to try and get a black or red one, cancel and go to ATT, or just wait an undisclosed amount of time. How is that any way to conduct business?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email last night and used chat to cancel my order with Microsoft. I picked one up at an ATT store this morning. I was worried for a while because the salesperson said they didn't have any nano sims but fortunately they found one.

The phone is awesome!

I just did the same. They wouldn't cancel the order over chat, but referred me to a direct number, which didn't take long at all. My biggest disappointment was not getting a white version, but I think the black will be a nice change of pace for me after all the yellows and whites I've been sporting. So far only one negative on the phone, and it's the buttons. The feel is a big step back from the 1020. Mushy, especially the camera button (yes, I know it's two stage).

bjerry101

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
You can cancel your pre-order on live chat, I did it. When they referred me to a direct number I told them "I was told the lines are busy and that I can cancel my pre-order here". Nobody really told me that but it's true their lines are busy today.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is messed up. I cancelled my order last night and I just got emails stating they couldn't cancel the order before it shipped today. Then they sent an email with instructions on how to return it. You'd think the biggest software company in the world would be a little better organized than this.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
MS just told me it might ship today or that I might still get it today. They can't even give a clear answer. All the stores around me are out so my best bet is just to leave the order and see what happens.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from MS with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers....

but only for the flip case and the $50 Windows Store Gift Card.

bjerry101

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Got a shipping confirmation few hrs ago with a tracking number. Says estimate delivery 11/23. Pre-ordered on 11/16 (black) from Microsoft/online. Tomorrow is a good day... Good bye depressing thread lol.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got my ups schedule delivery for tomorrow. I knew there was a food reason for that!

Got a shipping confirmation few hrs ago with a tracking number. Says estimate delivery 11/23. Pre-ordered on 11/16 (black) from Microsoft/online. Tomorrow is a good day... Good bye depressing thread lol.

Did both of you get confirmation of shipping and tracking for all items (L1520, flip cover, $50, and sim card)? or for just some items?

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Have even checked and not going to bother checking or waiting for an MS email. Just sign up for MY UPS and whenever your address is entered into their system you get a email or text immediately. I have been getting shipping notices from UPS quicker than I get them from Amazon.

Bottom line is you don't have to wait for anyone to send you your tracking number now, ups does it for you.

MS did make good on it though, shipping was upgraded to next day delivery by 12:00pm. I did originally have 2 day ship.

Should have it by noon tomorrow!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Have even checked and not going to bother checking or waiting for an MS email. Just sign up for MY UPS and whenever your address is entered into their system you get a email or text immediately. I have been getting shipping notices from UPS quicker than I get them from Amazon.

Bottom line is you don't have to wait for anyone to send you your tracking number now, ups does it for you.

MS did make good on it though, shipping was upgraded to next day delivery by 12:00pm. I did originally have 2 day ship.

Should have it by noon tomorrow!

But how do you know what they are sending you? In my case, I would have gotten notification from UPS, but would it have told me I was just getting the case and the gift card? Also, as of now, I got the email with tracking from MS, but when I check the tracking number on UPS, it states it can't find the package info, so I'm not sure I would have even gotten notice from UPS yet if I was signed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa