POLL: Windows OS is Made for Two hands -1520 is NOT TOO BIG!!!

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I am Pro 6 inch Nokia Lumia 1520. Many of your complained its "too big". The Windows OS is not very 'One handed operable "friendly . Pay attention to how you interact with it.

Outside of Driving and using the one free hand for your phone ( Which I don't do ) I noticed that I'm using 2 hands. In fact most of the time , scrolling , tapping and selecting requires 2 handed usage.

A)
One hand to hold my Nokia 920
B) A finger attached to my right hand is doing all the selecting ( like a Stylus)

How many of you are surprised to discover that you are using your current phone in a similar fashion ?

Please repond after you subconsciously utilize your phone. In other words , don't run and do it after reading this post...lol

I'm hoping I'm not the only one.. Ha ha ha :cool:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The size of the device is all personal preference at the end of the day. What you are saying is probably right but it doesn't matter. I personally think the L1520 is too big. But that's just me. For me, the L920 is the sweet spot on screen size.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There are a few scenarios where I actually use my phone in one hand, and even that can be a bit of a stretch (original 4.7" Titan). So those times, like while I am getting gas and entering information into Fuelly, would be less convenient. It's not that often, though.

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if I use one hand or two hands for my phone use. For me, it's the pocket-friendliness consideration I use in determining what size phone I want. If you can fit this bad boy in your pocket and it's comfortable when you sit down, more power to you.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I use two hands unless I'm speaking on the phone, and I'm quite frankly sick of fellow nerds playing to stereotype and whining about phones being heavy or too big. The same thing happened when the 920 was released. DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I use two hands and am fine with that, been doing it that way a long time. My bigger concern is pocketability. I like to carry my phone in a pants pocket and sometimes even a shirt pocket. I'm guessing the shirt pocket method of carry wouldn't work to well with the 1520. Anyway, I guess id just have to try it for awhile. All that screen real estate is pretty sweet tho.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off.... where is the poll???

I am in the "most likely too big" department, but I am open minded to try it. I played around with the Galaxy Mega, and that is comparable to the 1520. Just seems too large. I still use my phone as an actual phone- you know, like calls??- a ton. And the Mega hung off my face a good acre or so as I held the speaker to my ear. Just too funny. But I am fine with those that love the screen real estate. In this day and age of gaming and streaming video, it makes sense this is the direction people want to go.

Hey, not everyone wants a Great Dane or a Newfoundland when they are looking for dogs. Some of us like the larger dogs, just not the giant pooches. It ain't like I want a Toy Poodle either.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No matter how small the screen is. I always use both the hands while typing. With both hands, you can type 4 times faster. I consider it stupid to type with single hand

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, this really reminds me of my mother. She is holding the phone in one hand and uses the finger of her other hand as a pen. The slow movements are hilarious ;-)

Personally I use one hand, except if I have to write a long text and then switch to landscape.

eutonl

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I also use two hands, have done so since iphone 3gs. I get my 1520 today so I will see if it is too big. Seemed to be a nice size when I saw it in the ATT store. I like to keep my phone in holsters.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I use my 920 single handed only when i just need to scroll down. Back button is so hard to reach with thumb that i need to use my other hand to press that. When browsing web it is impossible to use it just one handed. And it is also easier to use phone with to hands anyway. Usually we have two hands so why not use them both. 1520 size is no problem for me since i most of time use my 920 two handed.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I use two hands unless I'm speaking on the phone, and I'm quite frankly sick of fellow nerds playing to stereotype and whining about phones being heavy or too big. The same thing happened when the 920 was released. DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?!

Ha Ha , You took the words right out of my mouth. I was stunned at how many negative comments were made. I think its because many people really wanted what the 1520 represents. I personally give EVERY WINDOWS PHONE USER Much Respect for choosing the best OS, but then I was like " Guys come on ,,, Really????

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 and always hold it in my left hand while using my right hand to do whatever on it. It was the same on my iPhone 4 as well. I've tried texting with both hands, but it just isn't anywhere near as easy or accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett