Usps just delivered my 1520

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I got it on sale from ATT.
tried to upload a pic, but the "file failed to open" when I tried to upload it from my Nexus 5. Too large? Funny!

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried smaller pics but they still will not open to upload. Nexus 5 flaw?
When my wife gets home, I will try her Nokia 820 to upload a photo.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
1520 uses the smallest SIM card. Included.
Nexus 5 uses the mid sized card. Have to deactivate this new card.
I am not going to be able to easily switch between the 2.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
1520 uses the smallest SIM card. Included.
Nexus 5 uses the mid sized card. Have to deactivate this new card.
I am not going to be able to easily switch between the 2.

get an adapter like I have a nano sim at the moment on my nexus 5 and with the adapter of course and it is very easy to switch.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am going to shop for an adapter next, thanks for the link.
Just starting to really play with the device now. It is slippery! (Glossy Red) Makes it look cheap. But I know it is not, so its ok.
Not sure how to trigger the "Glance Screen" it just comes on sometimes.
It is easier to type in landscape, but the view is nice and big in portrait.
Hate the camera wart. I would rather have a thicker phone. Hopefully a case will fix that. Waiting on 2 cases from Amazon, cheap, nothing special available yet.
Auto screen brightness is too sensitive.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Having a difficult time with the browser.
Bummer because I bought this for Internet Explorer alone.
I can't "browse" to upload a photo.
When I pressed the input area to type the keyboard popped up and right back down. Had to close the browser to start over.
Typing is Outstanding!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When I pressed the input area to type the keyboard popped up and right back down. Had to close the browser to start over
I noticed this kb issue when I tried it in the store. My surface 2 did this also before I got the kb2 for it. I'm still picking one up tomorrow hopefully.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
That is my 39 month old DELL STREAK 5" that took 2 devices to replace. The Nokia 1520 and the Nexus 5.
Story on uploading the photo...Nexus 5,, "failed to open selected file" 1520, would not "browse" to the file.
Had to upload from the Dell Streak! (running GB2.3.3)
When the browse window popped up, a pop up add for Sprint was blocking the window. Had to pinch to zoom, as the pop up rerendered, I had an instant to touch the browse window. First to browse to the file, then again to upload selected file. It sucked, and now I hate Sprint and whatever add service it is that does not provide a close button!
Such a chore, hope I don't have to do that again!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow that brings back some memories, I also owned a Dell Streak 5. I think my old laptop booted up quicker than that thing! Shame Dell never supported it with any updates etc. I since got rid of mine and made the move to Lumia's, a move which I don't regret :)

Have fun with the 1520, sounds like you did well to get it, some people have been delayed by ATT by the sounds of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077