Windows Phone Central Ignores Nokia 1520 Shipping Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think it is very interesting that WPCentral has chosen to say NOTHING about the problems associated with the buying and shipping of this device. Even though many of their readers who pre-ordered report being lied to....given false information .....not shipping when Microsoft said ....etc....etc....etc.

Yet Daniel and crew have done nothing....guess they want to be sure they go along with Microsoft and not **** anyone off.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they are waiting to see if people in fact don't get their phones tomorrow. It would be irresponsible journalism to report that MS lied about shipping dates just to have most people actually have the phone show up.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My guess is they are waiting to see if people in fact don't get their phones tomorrow. It would be irresponsible journalism to report that MS lied about shipping dates just to have most people actually have the phone show up.

I agree with this

I choose to pick mine up at the store tonight rather than deal with shipping

TheMightyKraken

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with this

I choose to pick mine up at the store tonight rather than deal with shipping

My Microsoft Store told me that I had to wait until 10am tomorrow to be able to pick up the 1520. Did your MS store tell you that you could pick it up during the xbox one midnight launch? Or are you going to the At&t store?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I was told, what I read on several threads and what I see, it is safe to say that none on of the MS store preorders shipped today... So yes, Microsoft screwed people who preordered from them... I have it in writing (chat copy) that my phone would show up tomorrow. Someone at Microsoft has some serious explaining to do. Not everyone is all about the Xbox... I frankly don't care about it. Maybe I will next year... But I do care about my L1520 and Microsoft is hurting WP with this stunt. This platform really doesn't need any screwups. Either you stand behind it or not and I start to have some doubts...

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well its official, I'm not getting my phone tomorrow. Just got this email.
"Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business"

I ordered day one at 10am so I am betting no one who ordered from MS is getting their phone tomorrow.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well its official, I'm not getting my phone tomorrow. Just got this email.
"Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business"

I ordered day one at 10am so I am betting no one who ordered from MS is getting their phone tomorrow.

Yup, same email. Ordered day 1 also.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got the email too... Ordered on day 1... Way to support a platform Microsoft... I will look around for other devices now and cancel my order first thing tomorrow. And if they refuse to cancel it, I will send them the chat log where I was told that it will be delivered tomorrow. Not 5 hours ago.... Screw this!

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hehe still writing this on mine. They only had black at the store. They were promoting it, and I was looking to get the 1020 at the beginning. When I mentioned the 1520, which was supposed to be available this week, the vendor told me that they had it already, but was still in boxes. I forgot about the 1020 instantly. I bought it for $199.99 with a 2 yr contract. Even more, I called AT&T on Tuesday and after a bit of pushing they matched their online price, so at the end I paid $99.99 for it. :D

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Closed, since the OP's question has been answered and WPCentral did not ignore the shipping problems (link to article was posted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster