It's not too big!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Since this is probably the top of the criticism list I'd just like to start an "It's not too big thread". It's about perfect.

If anything I'm finding it a little more comfortable for two hand operation. My fingers feel less cramped. The thickness, density, balance, matte texture and curved edges make it rather comfortable to hold. One handed operation is possible for the bottom 2/3 rds of the phone but a stretch to go further. I even like the camera bump as I know where the lens is by feel.

Compared to a Lumia 920 it has better in hand balance, which always felt a bit dense and slippery to me. It also seems less likely to accidentally hit the capacitive buttons compared to the 920 since they have a wider margin.

And why criticize something that's made to be big for being too big anyway?

Last edited:

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I Agree,

I was waiting for this device to come and the bigger the better. I love the Windows experience and the screen is perfect to heighten it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been setting mine up all day, and when I went to box up my 925 a few minutes ago for shipment to the new owner, it seemed SO small! I think I really like the size. My two concerns are:

1. It doesn't fit in the cup holder in my truck.
2. I'm having a hard time setting up the home screen. I really like the wide tile on the normal screen. Right now I'm going with medium on the left side, and a corresponding information wide tile on the right side. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I really wish MS had a larger tile available, maybe a square, I dunno...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree... It really isn't as enormous and unwieldy as the naysayers would like you to believe. And even though I do not wear skinny jeans, I was still concerned about the "pocketability" and I don't think it'll be much of an issue. See, I did not go and try all my jeans on before this post. lol

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The cup holder thing really sucks. I am going to finally have to break down and get a mount probably.

Sadly my phone is in my hand 75% of the time while driving so maybe this will get it out of them maybe.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was reading a review where the author repeatedly said the 1520 is too big. Phone size is just personal preference and I don't believe saying a large screen phone is bad because it is large is a legitimate criticism. The iPhone is too small for my needs but obviously this is not an issue for everyone. From my short time using the 1520 in the store it felt perfectly natural. Finding a good case and car mount might be an issue,

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It just barely fits in the mount I use in my car. Plus, my cars cup holders are kind of linked so it'll fit regardless. My concern is where to set it in my work vehicle. I'm going to look for a cup holder mount possibly.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The cup holder thing really sucks. I am going to finally have to break down and get a mount probably.

Sadly my phone is in my hand 75% of the time while driving so maybe this will get it out of them maybe.

I'm trying to find mine now. I took it off for the summer as it blocks an AC vent. This screen should be great for GPS.

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Of course everyone who sees me use it says that it is enormous :) I think it is the right size. I don't talk on the phone much so it fits the bill for me as a data device that can make calls...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett