Spartan Assault?

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the "free copy of spartan assault w/purchase of a 1520" all over the net.. but I don't see any details on how to activate that....

Anyone know the details on that?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think "free" is correct. You get a $50 credit for the App Store, which in turn can be used to download Spartan Assault, so technically free.

Though I could be wrong.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Went I went to download Spartan assault on my 1520 today, I noticed it was free now instead of $6.99. Thought I might have been downloading the lite version but it was the full edition.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You are correct! I tried to do it through windowsphone.com, but it still wanted to charge me.

I think there may be a problem w/my account... because my purchase history page won't come up...

timgabrhel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
They must have unpublished the paid version. This explains why when restoring my backup from my 920 onto my 1520 today, that was the last app that would not install. Makes sense since it was unpublished. If you look at the version in the store, it only has 2 reviews.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
They must have unpublished the paid version. This explains why when restoring my backup from my 920 onto my 1520 today, that was the last app that would not install. Makes sense since it was unpublished. If you look at the version in the store, it only has 2 reviews.

It is not unpublished. I just pulled it up on my 920 and it comes up at $6.99 but, it's coming over to the 1520 as I type this for free.

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It's free if you have AT&T service, I was able to download it last night after I put my AT&T sim into the phone. Without the simcard in and over WiFi it was showing at full price. Try restarting your phone if it's still showing full price, maybe resetting the windows store that way will unlock it.

InfiniteRefrain

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It's free if you have AT&T service, I was able to download it last night after I put my AT&T sim into the phone. Without the simcard in and over WiFi it was showing at full price. Try restarting your phone if it's still showing full price, maybe resetting the windows store that way will unlock it.

Were you still able to download over wifi, or did it have to be done over the At&T network? I'm on a 6gb share plan with my wife and daughter; rather not waste half of my allotted data for a game [ regardless of how bad I want it :p ]

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Were you still able to download over wifi, or did it have to be done over the At&T network? I'm on a 6gb share plan with my wife and daughter; rather not waste half of my allotted data for a game [ regardless of how bad I want it :p ]

I was able to download it on WiFi, but only after having the sim card in the phone.

When I first started the phone I didn't put the sim card in, so I had no service but was able to log into my account and use the phone because I was connected over WiFi. But when I checked Halo Spartan it said the full price, until after I shut down the phone and put my AT&T sim card in. Once I had my AT&T sim card in the phone and went back into the store Halo Spartan showed up as free.

So the store doesn't just automatically give any Lumia 1520 a free copy of Halo Spartan, it must also have a sim card with an active AT&T subscription.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I can also confirm being able to download it for free over wifi
Such a high quality game ..they should leverage it more to draw more attention to the platform

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss