Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: nokia lumia 1520 unlocked

I called AT&T and they had to create a case to get it. Supposedly should hear something within a day or two with the unlock code. I purchased the phone at a local ms store.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

that is awesome congrats man!! can you tell me if you get LTE? or if sending and receiving SMS and MMS works and lastly does internet sharing work? thanks a lot

edit finished watching the video and saw you get LTE.. thanks

yes everything works as intended.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm more impressed with your " One Handed utilization" ... So many reviewers and comments are stating how its " Soo Big ..blah blah blah. Good job all around mate..

thanks yes the phone is big, but what else can you expect out of 6 inches, the only problem i see is maybe with the case, i guess i was never a fan of flip covers and of course while this fits, it provides little protection. and yes if you can use a note 2 or 3 one handed you can use a nokie lumia 1520 one handed.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Went into the MS store tonight. My plan was to buy outright but did not realize it was $699. Cheaper to buy off contract from AT&T website for $584. ETF is $325, might be better to buy on contract at $99, eat one month of service and ETF.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Went into the MS store tonight. My plan was to buy outright but did not realize it was $699. Cheaper to buy off contract from AT&T website for $584. ETF is $325, might be better to buy on contract at $99, eat one month of service and ETF.

That's just list price. The MS Store will price-match their website, including any special offers. That's how I got mine for $550 + tax + other free stuff for pre-order.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone please enlighten me, I know that the ATT version is missing some bands/frequency that is used by TMobile. But I don't really know what it means. I saw LTE works, are there different LTE bands, will HSPA+ or HSPA work? thanks

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

The rep at the store that helped me must not have been that knowledgeable. In gonna call when they open and see if they will do it before I drive down again.

I wonder if I can activate this on Go Phone and be good enough to get them to unlock it.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Picked up my 1520 at the MS store for $549 + tax. Thank you to those who brought this to my attention.

Now let the unlocking attempts begin :)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

No offense but I find it hard to believe you were able to unlock the 1520 considering this never happens when the phone is an at&t exclusive. I would love for this to be true so I can use it on T-Mobile :(

It's not exclusive to AT&T it's exclusive to AT&T in the USA

You can buy an unlocked (in all colors) 1520 for $885 +/- shipped to the USA from Unlocked Mobiles .com (UK) or Amazon for $905.

Computerworld - AT&T will start in-store sales of the new 6-in. Nokia Lumia 1520 on Nov. 22 for $199.99 and a two-year contract.
The updated Microsoft Web site lists the device in three colors (black, white and red) and offers a free black flip cover and a
$50 app card when customers pre-order the device. A yellow version listed earlier is not included.

The device is also available unlocked for $549, and to eligible buyers for $27 a month..

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I have gotten no where with AT&T International Support :(

well u didnt call them right? you used the chat system on their website? you need to keep trying otherwise you wouldnt succeed, find the right person. for me it took me 1 try to get it working, I mentioned to them that deviceunlock website kept getting me an error, of course also mentioned that i bought the phone a full price.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

well u didnt call them right? you used the chat system on their website? you need to keep trying otherwise you wouldnt succeed, find the right person. for me it took me 1 try to get it working, I mentioned to them that deviceunlock website kept getting me an error, of course also mentioned that i bought the phone a full price.

I am also having a hard time, I read the terms and condition but the people on the chat are a little confused as they are saying that phones have to be active for 60 days,

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

They will only unlock you if your a customer on contract. It doesn't matter if you paid full price and bought it from Microsoft. They don't care.

Do not phone them as it's a waste of time. This is exactly what happened when I got a 1020.

Try the third party unlock sites. They worked for me on my 1020 but as I do not have my 1520 yet I can't try any of them.

They may be expensive but however much they cost it's less than the phone and needed for it to work.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The rep at the store that helped me must not have been that knowledgeable. In gonna call when they open and see if they will do it before I drive down again.

I wonder if I can activate this on Go Phone and be good enough to get them to unlock it.
I used my 920 on gophone so I can't for see their being any issue using this on gophone

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

They will only unlock you if your a customer on contract. It doesn't matter if you paid full price and bought it from Microsoft. They don't care.

Do not phone them as it's a waste of time. This is exactly what happened when I got a 1020.

Try the third party unlock sites. They worked for me on my 1020 but as I do not have my 1520 yet I can't try any of them.

They may be expensive but however much they cost it's less than the phone and needed for it to work.

the unlocking sites charge around 150 bucks, i dont think people will pay that much for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss