Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I will keep trying various unlock sites and of course if anyone on here can get an unlock from AT&T I will pay them for their trouble.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried this one, but when I entered my IMEI, it appears "Currently, this device cannot be unlocked". May be I should return the phone

Did you meet every criteria in that post? A fully paid 1520, not on any commitment, and you have had an AT&T account for at least 2 months?

BDBDBD

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you meet every criteria in that post? A fully paid 1520, not on any commitment, and you have had an AT&T account for at least 2 months?

It seems it doesn't matter if you buy a fully paid 1520 or not, there are no sure proof ways to unlock the phone from AT&T. Yes, it appears that legally AT&T according to their website should unlock the phone but everyone is coming across blocked out websites and reps who also say they cannot help. I'm sure you could go to to court and get some action taken but I think we all have bigger battles to fight. For now, it seems the best way is to keep checking 3rd party websites or wait until AT&T changes their policy.

guiperez

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
It seems it doesn't matter if you buy a fully paid 1520 or not, there are no sure proof ways to unlock the phone from AT&T. Yes, it appears that legally AT&T according to their website should unlock the phone but everyone is coming across blocked out websites and reps who also say they cannot help. I'm sure you could go to to court and get some action taken but I think we all have bigger battles to fight. For now, it seems the best way is to keep checking 3rd party websites or wait until AT&T changes their policy.

Yep. I tried everything, and I paid the full price. At&T will only unlock if i have at least 3 months of a plan.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Does the AT&T version work on straight talk without being unlocked? Not that it concerns me anymore since I bought the RM-937 but it might be useful for those who don't want to use AT&T but can use ST instead.

Nokia1520

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I got my Nokia 1520 unlocked today. The only difference from what I see in the Majority of posts here, is I didn't do it in the US and I didn't do it to move to T-Mobile. I bought it from the Microsoft store fully intent on using it on AT&T but I am overseas right now for the next 7 months or so. With that being said when I got my phone and saw it was locked and I was already over here, I realized I was in trouble. I called AT&T who referred me to Microsoft, who referred me to Nokia. After I humored them by doing all this (I knew that calling Microsoft or Nokia would lead me nowhere because AT&T had the REAL LOCK on this phone!) I went ahead and called AT&T back. It didn't upset me that they performed what I call the "Pass The Buck" maneuver on me (All 3 companies), as I knew after doing all that and having that information at hand I had ammo so I wouldn't get passed along again. Sure enough, I called and said, "I don't have AT&T service right now but I'd like to give you some information before we start and it might help the call be resolved in a more timely fashion I hope." So I told her that I tried to go to AT&T's unlock website (To eliminate this as a possible suggestion by her) and because I had no service with them, I was unable to get anything done there. I also mentioned the "Passing Of The Buck" and how I had already contact Microsoft and Nokia. After that whole spiel, She said "Ok, no problem, we will set you up with a case number and put in a request for unlock!" I was like GREAT! She asked if I had the receipt for the purchase and I said "Yes"! So she gave me an email address to send them to and to include the case number and IMEI number and a few details concerning the issue. The email address was deviceunlockreceipt@att.com and I sent it in. This was the 9th of December 2013. Well I checked back daily and nothing. I called back the 11th after I received and email from AT&T stating the case had been resolved, but it didn't include an unlock code. So I called in and the lady on the phone checked into it and BAM! She gave me the unlock code and I was up and running in minutes!!! I put all this detail in this thread in case someone outside of the common "I want to switch to TMobile" crowd happens to be doing a google search (Not that switching to TMobile is bad, I just didn't have that specific issue.) because I couldn't find help for my specific situation. I wish everyone good luck that is wanting to unlock this AWESOME PHONE!!! Oh and sorry for such a LONG First Post!!!

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
in July I purchased a Lumia 1020 and got an unlock code within 10 minutes from ATT. Now, I purchased a Lumia 1520 and can't get one, even from the int'l help desk.
There is something that we are not being told to do that should get us the unlock code or someone is not telling the truth!?

I did that with my 1020 too, but now they are telling me to wait 5 businesses days....

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
you have to have att account, they made it very hard to get a phone unlocked. the whole system is down so you can't unlock through a third party.

if find a way please tell

You have to call then and open a case with then
I talked with a manager on att yesterday, he opened a case and said that they would have to unlock the phone if I could provide proof I bought full price at Microsoft...
Well wait and see....

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
What's the latest on this? Been trying to get my 1520 unlocked with no luck.

Called back twice today and finally the 2nd lady had a clue and opened a "case." I previously had AT&T, so she used my old account.

For those trying to get the unlock code, keep trying. 90% of these reps need additional training.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a guy in eBay saying he can unlock the 1520... Did not tried or recommended, just saying...

Edit.... He said to me that he is not doing our beloved phone

Last edited:

guiperez

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a guy in eBay saying he can unlock the 1520... Did not tried or recommended, just saying...

Edit.... He said to me that he is not doing our beloved phone

Flavio, j? tentei com esse cara do ebay, at? add ele no skype, ma so cara fala que n?o liberaram ainda. Onde comprou o seu?

Ibsen Perdigao

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Brazilian dudes, Did you have any luck?
Mine i have bought in Microsoft store for the normal price.
Have tried that email address form AT&T but they ignore them.
Cheers,
Ibsen

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
To na mesma, comprei duas unidades. A vers?o internacional t? filezinho mas a da AT&T esta parada. Se algu?m tiver novidades por favor de um quote ou MP.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Brazilian dudes, Did you have any luck?
Mine i have bought in Microsoft store for the normal price.
Have tried that email address form AT&T but they ignore them.
Cheers,
Ibsen

Got my code today. Took 5 days. Filing the report with the BBB (suggested by another member) really is the fastest way. You can do it online, and they will contact you via email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786