Major bug/issue with my 1520

onlyagibson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having a debilitating issue with the 1520. The bing search window popping up when my hand is no where near the search button. It exits me out of any app I am in and in some cases it freezes and I cannot press anything or exit the search screen. I have the Belkin folio wallet case and I noticed when closing the case it activates the search button. I lowered the touch sensitivity and this seemed to remedy that issue however the constant pop up of the bing search screen continues. I am going to do a wipe and reset of the device. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Perhaps I have a lemon or maybe this device is not ready for primetime?

onlyagibson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
No it is not. It happens several times a minute making the use of ANY app impossible. If that is not debilitating then please give me your definition.

chris6mafia

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of bugs, I'm experiencing the same low volume bug (NL920) from the speakers after pluging my headphones in to listen to music. Rebooting seems to temporarily fix it unless you decide to use headphones again 😐 anyone else experiencing this?

onlyagibson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok for any one else who might experience this, a hard reset fixed it. No idea why that happened but I am quite relieved and now I am having a blast with my phone!

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem where I can't access most of the Nokia functions or audio settings, etc. Every time I press one of them, it just cycles back to the screen I was just on after a brief fade out. I couldn't even use the nokia pro camera until I downloaded an updated app for it.

Anyone know the solution?

onlyagibson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
That sounds similar to what was happening with mine except mine always went to the Bing search screen. I had to hard reset to fix it. After that mine has been running great.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok for any one else who might experience this, a hard reset fixed it. No idea why that happened but I am quite relieved and now I am having a blast with my phone!

I was having the same problem with my 1520, but to a lesser degree. I thought it was a design flaw with the Bing issue. How do you do a hard reset and how long does it take it to reboot completely? Thanks!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Powered mine up for the first time two days ago only to find that the thing produced no sound....no chime when plugging in to charge, no ring tone, and no music or video volume. Found that whenever I opened the Xbox music app, the speakers produced a fairly loud and harsh sounding crackle or pop. A hard reset solved that issue for me. Now, if we could find a solution for the oversensitive screen issue. Still loving the 1520 though. :)

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Powered mine up for the first time two days ago only to find that the thing produced no sound....no chime when plugging in to charge, no ring tone, and no music or video volume. Found that whenever I opened the Xbox music app, the speakers produced a fairly loud and harsh sounding crackle or pop. A hard reset solved that issue for me. Now, if we could find a solution for the oversensitive screen issue. Still loving the 1520 though. :)

In settings > touch ... change sensitivity to normal.

michael healy1

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my nokia 1520. I did plenty of soft resets but they didn't work. Finally did a hard reset and it worked great for a few days and then started acting up again. I tried to get answers from ATT, Nokia and Microsoft and all i get is runaround. I am just hoping that the next upgrade will include a patch. One thing I have noticed is that the phone seem to be extra sensitive in detecting FM or WIFI.? When a train goes by for instance the bing pops up. Also by disabling wifi (for a short time as it is needed) the pop ups aren't noticed. .... When I did a hard reset all my data was on sd card and microsoft had all my apps ready to reinstall. Pretty easy task. Hope this helps a little..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs