Belkin Folio Case

Cial

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone get the Belkin case for the 1520? I'm still waiting for my yellow phone, so haven't had a chance to check it out at the AT&T store yet. Would love to see pics with the phone!

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have it. It snaps on pretty tight and can actually be a bit difficult to get off. It snaps closed on the side ridge and provides pretty decent protection to the phone when closed. Overall it's pretty nice, I'll try to upload a picture tomorrow if no one else does.

However, I'm probably going to use my Incipio PMA charging cover as a permanent case instead of the Belkin flip cover.

MichelleSV

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have it and the Nokia Case. I like the nokia case better, since its lighter. the belkin is just to bulky. the front cover does snap in which is nice, but just to bulky.. I can take pictures if needed to show the difference

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I uploaded some pics in another thread. My thoughts are:

1. Yes, it's difficult to get on and off, but I don't take my case off every day so it's not an issue.
2. Yes, it's bulky but I didn't buy this phone to be compact
3. Protection is great. Camera, screen, everything
4. I love the latch that keeps the cover closed
5. The way it props itself up in landscape is very sturdy

Overall, I'd say it's worth the $45. After seeing videos of the Nokia case, I was very disappointed. The screen cover looks floppy, and the way it stands up looks unstable. For me, the Belkin case really fits with what I'll be using the phone for. I'd love to see Nokia rework their case before release. Maybe even incorporate wireless charging. But until then, this is the case for me.
WIN_20131122_161556.JPGWIN_20131122_161616.JPGWIN_20131122_161701.JPG

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Going to grab one of these today.

Edit: Just picked it up and I really like it. Not bulky at all and I love how it fits perfectly.

Last edited:

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the Folio today as well and really thought it was gonna scratch the phone because I had to force it in. Hopefully it didn't, I haven't bothered taking it out to look. The only thing I don't like about it is that it hides the color of the phone so I might just switch to a clear full armor protector instead.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So a quick update: Going to return the Folio case, I wasn't really happy with the way it just covers the entire phone. I bought yellow so it stands out and want it seen so I'm going to be using a clear gel case + screen protector combo instead.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the black 1520 so luckily I didn't have to worry about the color not matching issue. I admit it would have irritated me if they had come out with a cyan 1520 and then this case would have covered it up though. *sighs* I miss you cyan Lumias...

BTW has anyone figured out how to register this case with Belkin? The case doesn't show up on their site anywhere and the serial number acts like it's not a genuine one...

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I got this case with my new 1520 last Sunday and I really like it. However, like everyone else in this thread is saying, it is very hard to get the 1520 out. I'm always afraid of accidently putting too much pressure on my phone when I'm trying to take it out and possibly damaging the screen. Can anyone give me some tips on what you think is the best way to take the 1520 out of the case? I feel like the case might as well have come as part of the phone - it's that hard for me to get it off.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got this case with my new 1520 last Sunday and I really like it. However, like everyone else in this thread is saying, it is very hard to get the 1520 out. I'm always afraid of accidently putting too much pressure on my phone when I'm trying to take it out and possibly damaging the screen. Can anyone give me some tips on what you think is the best way to take the 1520 out of the case? I feel like the case might as well have come as part of the phone - it's that hard for me to get it off.
Start at the upper right corner of the phone, and carefully lift upwards. when you have enough lifted the phone can then
be lifted out. I agree that it is a b***h to get out.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Start at the upper right corner of the phone, and carefully lift upwards. when you have enough lifted the phone can then
be lifted out. I agree that it is a b***h to get out.

That's how I do it but the creaking sounds it makes really make me hesitant to finish taking it out and then I just put it back the way it was out of paranoia.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Creaking? It is the case that is creaking isn't it?

It had to be the case since I had to bend back the plastic of the case that was holding the phone to get it out.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm just going to get a new case that I know will come off easier and return the one I have now. I don't like having to take the chance of messing up the display just because I have to fight with the case whenever I want to take my phone out. Hopefully the four or five times I've taken it out already hasn't done any long or short term damage.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Regarding taking the case off, you just have to be patient. I too was nervous of scratching or harming the Lumia 1520.

After a few times of prying the case out, the case becomes much easier to take out.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI, this case is now discounted to $5 at the brick and mortar AT&T stores, if they have them. I picked one up just to check it out and plan on using it to watch videos in bed. Agree with everyone here that it is more than difficult to remove the phone from the inner hard shell.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
YEP! I went in the ATT store to buy a screen protector (Zagg Front and Back) and the folio case... if it was available. I have been looking at both items for the past week online for $10 a piece. I went to the store today to buy them... they rang up $4.5 each! I was happ-happy joy-joy! I wanted to buy a second screen protector but they did not have anymore...
I was coming here to let you all know, but I am here to validate your claim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss