01-16-2017 08:23 AM
86 1234
tools
    Same issue... start the phone screen very bright, then you open an app and the screen dims. I also get the tap and scroll issue along with the phantom typing problem.. I have checked all settings and everything's off no auto, no battery saver, no sunlight adjustments. This was my first widows phone and I believe it may be my last. As soon as my nano sim card adaptor comes in Ill go back to my sony z ultra and send this back to nokia and see what happens. Sad... I really like the phone even with its limited apps and customizations.

Update.. hey guys try turning the tap to wake feature off... I turned mine off and I haven't had the problem in the last hour or so. I turn everything on ( auto brightness, battery saver, etc ) then turned them all off including the tap to wake feature... seems to have helped the issue. at least I think it did.
    Last edited by nthknd; 12-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    12-19-2013 10:01 AM
    I have had the jumpy screen thing a few times, but since lowering the sensitivity to "medium" from "high" and disabling the auto dim feature (auto-brightness) and setting the screen to medium brightness, it seems to have gone away. Famous last worlds!!!!

I wonder if there isn't some kind of interaction inside the hardware/firmware where it is just way too sensitive over dirt/finger grease and interacting with the screen?

The lockup after a few attempts at clearing it and power off/on again, really does look like a driver crash....
    12-19-2013 10:47 AM
    As a follow up, I just received my international 32gb version. I've had it for a few hours and, so far, it does not suffer from the screen dimming issue. It does have the problem with opening apps when I want to swipe.

edit: nevermind, its dimming now.
    Last edited by jmerrey; 12-24-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    12-23-2013 10:03 PM
    Yeah that is your topic at least. Me too having this problem and still no solve. Tweeted to nokia on twitter about this. I wonder if they will advise back. Retweet to push them harder.

https://twitter.com/shouvikme/status/415151035099791362 ( This is from another topic and another user just retweet)
    12-24-2013 03:15 AM
    Just disable auto brightness!!
    12-24-2013 04:18 AM
    Just disable auto brightness!!
    Dont you read!?! thats not the solition!! Read the topic firstly than comment
    trandz likes this.
    12-24-2013 06:26 AM
    Are you guys running into this screen dimming problem with a clean install? Make sure to test it that way to rule out any third party apps causing the problem. I don't have the problem on mine and I tested it almost all day today at medium and full brightness. It dims when I stop interacting with the phone but as soon as I touch it, it goes back to full brightness.
    12-24-2013 07:56 AM
    Are you guys running into this screen dimming problem with a clean install? Make sure to test it that way to rule out any third party apps causing the problem. I don't have the problem on mine and I tested it almost all day today at medium and full brightness. It dims when I stop interacting with the phone but as soon as I touch it, it goes back to full brightness.
    Yes, i make a hard reset than reinstalled WP8 and did not install anything. Anyway came with the same problem up . Updated all OEM programs and tried. Guess what? issue still keeping up to drive me crazy.
    12-24-2013 08:21 AM
    It's strange that this is happening to a handful of people. Could very well be a hardware defect with your handsets or I'm just not able to reproduce the same problem. I've made a small video (excuse the background noise, had a humidifier on) with full brightness and it only dims when the phone is no longer being used. As soon as I tap it, it's at full bright again. If the screen looks dim it's because of how the iPhone camera filtered the excess brightness:

12-24-2013 09:11 AM
    yeah you are the lucky one in the world
    12-24-2013 11:49 AM
    I just tried this and unfortunately for me....this did not work.
    12-24-2013 04:55 PM
    yeah you are the lucky one in the world
    Maybe so..I'd like to see a video of this supposed screen dimming people in this thread are talking about.
    12-24-2013 05:05 PM
    Maybe so..I'd like to see a video of this supposed screen dimming people in this thread are talking about.
    Wow really dude "supposed". Its an issue for many of us and its not us just being tech illiterate there really is an issue. I've reset per Nokia and still have this and the other touch screen issues.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk
    12-24-2013 10:47 PM
    Wow really dude "supposed". Its an issue for many of us and its not us just being tech illiterate there really is an issue. I've reset per Nokia and still have this and the other touch screen issues.

He's saying supposed because many of us aren't seeing it, and there hasn't been any real proof posted by folks, and usually when it is asked for...well this is the response given instead of an actual video.
    12-25-2013 12:52 AM

Put up a video showing it then.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    12-25-2013 12:53 AM
    i am consulting on twitter with official nokiahelp ( @NokiaHelps ) They really interesting with issue, i ask you to support me as well on twitter and as well as official Nokia help forum : http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...t/false#M83495
    12-25-2013 01:27 AM
    Can SOMEONE put up a video demonstrating this brightness issue?

12-25-2013 01:33 AM
    Can SOMEONE put up a video demonstrating this brightness issue?

i do not have any videocamera here at work but Blackberry. Tried to capture 2 videos and i hope you will be able to notice dimming.

12-25-2013 01:51 AM
    Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand he has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

12-25-2013 06:22 AM
    i do not have any videocamera here at work but Blackberry. Tried to capture 2 videos and i hope you will be able to notice dimming.

Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand it has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

12-25-2013 06:23 AM
    He's saying supposed because many of us aren't seeing it, and there hasn't been any real proof posted by folks, and usually when it is asked for...well this is the response given instead of an actual video.
    And while that's fine to be sceptical we always don't have to be fast to dismiss each other either. We are all here for the same reasons and to support one another. So forgive me if I came off harsh but it was almost like we are just making this "supposed" issue up. I do believe people have better things to do with their time then to just fabricate issues.. at least i would hope. I will try to make a video if I can find the time today.

12-25-2013 06:30 AM
    Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand he has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

you are wellcome , could you been able to notice something on video?
    12-25-2013 06:55 AM
    Yes....im going to try to make one later today so people who aren't having the issue can believe us. Not sure why we would make up such an issue but it appears that some people feel the issue doesn't exist.
    Also I notice for me you just don't always know when its going to happen. Its just so intermittent.
    12-25-2013 07:05 AM
    Yes....im going to try to make one later today so people who aren't having the issue can believe us. Not sure why we would make up such an issue but it appears that some people feel the issue doesn't exist.
    Also I notice for me you just don't always know when its going to happen. Its just so intermittent.
    Exactly the same! dont know when its accuring! Today i wanted to prove it to my wife, 30min waited , locked screen unlocked and resarted. Problem has gne!! i came to work i looked at phone and problem came out again sommehow. Its really annoying
    12-25-2013 07:20 AM
    Amazing. Fellow users being compelled to "prove" to other users a specific issue. Happy holidays...
    12-25-2013 11:38 AM
86 1234