screen dimming...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their screen dimming from time to time? It's not much, maybe 10%, but it's noticeable when it happens. The only way to get it back to normal is a reboot.

*spoiler alert: No, I don't have the "automatically adjust" setting on*

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their screen dimming from time to time? It's not much, maybe 10%, but it's noticeable when it happens. The only way to get it back to normal is a reboot.

*spoiler alert: No, I don't have the "automatically adjust" setting on*

Try the " Sunlight Readability" Setting ," Screen Time Out" Setting and carefully wipe the light sensor to ensure nothing or Screen Protector/Case is obstructing it.

Hope that Helps!!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I wish it was as simple as a setting. I've had 10+ windows phones, and I've never had one act like this.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Your Welcome,

I can relate far as being a Windows Phone Devotee. My 1st was an HP W Detachable Keyboard , Tilt 1 and ll , Fuze Focus etc etc.....
I will do research and monitor your post ,

Mikey5211

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey are you still experiencing this issue? I just got my Lumia 1520 yesterday and i noticed it dim about 10% within the first few minutes of turning it on. All settings on HIGH along with all the other settings mentioned in this thread. It dims it jus enough that it doesn't look as spectacular as the reviews says it is.

Any advice?
:crying:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine is still doing this. It's very frustrating. I've noticed a pattern where it happens when I open an app or view. For example: opening an email, unlocking the phone, starting Facebook. The screen is at normal brightness, then after 2 seconds it dims about 10-15%.

Mikey5211

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, mine is still doing this. It's very frustrating. I've noticed a pattern where it happens when I open an app or view. For example: opening an email, unlocking the phone, starting Facebook. The screen is at normal brightness, then after 2 seconds it dims about 10-15%.

Ok I was afraid of that. Probably shouldn't be a big deal but I may return it within my 14 days. No sense in keeping a phone that works at 90% on an obvious asset of a great screen. Ugh

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine only seems to dim when it's been sitting idle a few minutes and when I touch the screen it brightens up. Other than that I haven't noticed any dimming issues with my phone.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine only seems to dim when it's been sitting idle a few minutes and when I touch the screen it brightens up. Other than that I haven't noticed any dimming issues with my phone.

That is normal. What I'm talking about is different. It happens when you are using the phone, and it seems the only way to brighten it is to restart the phone.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Every once in a while, my screen will be really dim when unlocking the phone. Tapping the screen and swiping around doesn't make it brighter. About 30-sec. later, it'll go to the regular brightness (if I don't lock and re-unlock it immediately to "reset" the brightness), though. It's very random and doesn't happen enough for me to be concerned, thankfully.

geereed

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have all the settings turned off. I have to unlock the phone 4 or 5 times before it shows full brightness. Then it will only be full bright for a bout 10 seconds. It bothers me enough to take it back. I bought the phone for the brightness of the screen but if it wont stay full bright I wont keep it. I also have restored it 2 times and it didn't make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb